Writing off bands with stupid names

Why the fuck not, there are a million kajillion bands out there. Too many fucking bands. Too many fucking bands. There are too many fucking bands.

There are.

Don't want to listen to a band with a stupid fucking name? Find another one. You can't throw a rotten grapefruit and not get citric acid in some shithead in some indiepunkaltcountryfolkrockskametalcore twats eye. Most of these gerbil turds can't write a decent lyric to save their lives, either. We should really quit pretending any of this shit is valid.

Why the fuck not, there are a million kajillion bands out there. Too many fucking bands. Too many fucking bands. There are too many fucking bands.

There are.

Don't want to listen to a band with a stupid fucking name? Find another one. You can't throw a rotten grapefruit and not get citric acid in some shithead in some indiepunkaltcountryfolkrockskametalcore twats eye. Most of these gerbil turds can't write a decent lyric to save their lives, either. We should really quit pretending any of this shit is valid.

hahaha are you drunk? Are you saying not to listen to any music?

There are.

LOL! I like this guy.

The Tony Danza Tap Dance Extravaganza, check em'!

I tend to check out bands with ridiculous names. I'll take a quirky name over a serious-ass hardcore band name any day.

I.E. As I Lay Dying

I also find myself more willing to write off a band who's trying too hard to sound serious and hardcore when they name their bands. There's too many tough guys naming their crappy tough guy bands crappy band names.

i have never listened to OFWGKTA due to their name. And i saw on Lambgoat the other day that there is a band called Loincloth that signed to Southern Lord. Probably wouldn't walk around sporting a t-shirt with the word "Loincloth" on it. Branding, dudes.

It's a highly useful tool to weed out bullshit. 99% of the time it's dead accurate too.

this is true. a band name can tell you a lot about a band. a lot should go into choosing a band name. there's only one time i liked a band and hated their name, that was stretch arm strong.

just go look at absolutepunk.net. 1/3rd of the news entries are"[insert stupid name here that you've never heard of] has broken up. statement in the replies".

There are.

hahaha are you drunk? Are you saying not to listen to any music?

steven tangent just likes to be a bummer all the time.

The Tony Danza Tap Dance Extravaganza, check em'!

I tend to check out bands with ridiculous names. I'll take a quirky name over a serious-ass hardcore band name any day.

I.E. As I Lay Dying

I also find myself more willing to write off a band who's trying too hard to sound serious and hardcore when they name their bands. There's too many tough guys naming their crappy tough guy bands crappy band names.

If I never gave bands with awful names a chance I would have missed the awesomeness of Beep Beep, TV On The Radio, Armchair Martian, La Dispute, Touche Amore, Fucked Up, The Wonder Years, A Great Big Pile Of Leaves, ext.

I know this is thread more focused on bands with names like IWrestledABearOnce, but a lot of those names I listed above aren't cool at all haha.

I do this regularly. I automatically write off a band if I think the name is stupid. Usually, it's 100% accurate though.

The Devil Wears Prada, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, 3Oh!3 etc. I don't have to listen to them to know they lick taint.

The one band I love whose name I hate is Murder By Death. Such a terrible choice, and yet they're so good.

the scary kids scaring kids one also reminded me of Forever The Sickest Kids which is also beyond awful. With MBD, the name sounds like every generic metalcore band out there but most folks don't catch the literary reference and I know I was surprised when I finally heard them as they sounded nothing like what I thought they would.