Writing off bands with stupid names

Late '90s/early '00s were a bad time for metalcore band names. Everyone wanted to be profound and meaningful:

Hopesfall

As Hope Dies

As I Lay Dying

Hope Die Last

From Autumn To Ashes

Between The Buried And Me

A Life Once Lost

Just look at the Wikipedia entry for the american Hellfest festival and you'll be overwhelmed by douche chills vibes.

Too bad it is just getting worse.

In the same time frame everyone was plotting and scheming, undermining this and that:

Hope Conspiracy

Cavalera Conspiracy

International Noise Conspiracy

Cancer Conspiracy

Snake River Conspiracy

Conspiracy Assassins

Wellwater Conspiracy.

I would also tend not to check out any band that has the words Theory, Club or Music in their names.

When you think about it, so many goddamn bands exist now, that it's hard to come up with a good name that hasn't been taken. I've screwed around with the idea of coming up with a band name and almost every idea I came up with was taken by somebody. I really have to give a band props for coming up with something good. Savages comes to mind. Fucking cool name. 

Also, I know this band has been mentioned since the start of the thread, and one of their videos have been posted up, but we should challenge ourselves. If you can get through this whole video, you must be deaf. 

• 3 weeks later...

Also, I know this band has been mentioned since the start of the thread, and one of their videos have been posted up, but we should challenge ourselves. If you can get through this whole video, you must be deaf. 

A challenge: 

http://chunknocaptainchunk.merchnow.com/products/156767

• 1 month later...

I don't know if it will ever definitively be verified as true, but the story about Keith Moon saying John Bonham and Jimmy Page playing together would "go over like a lead zeppelin" has always endeared the name Led Zeppelin to me, considering how they went on to become a musical superpower.

In most cases, though, I think Shelbs is right.