What was the first record you ever bought?

My first record was Take One for the Team's - Spaghetti Western tour 7", the repress on orange.

uhhh...

this guy: http://www.discogs.com/Take-One-For-The-Team-Spaghetti-Western/release/2804479

So I guess I was 21.

Fucking fun show, I'm 6'2, their singer was a good half foot taller than me, chucked me on his shoulders and started the pit that way . I never bought cd's and I wanted to chuck them some money for the good time, merch guy asked me if I wanted plastic or wax. I picked up the wax for the novelty and haven't looked back.

mmm, first record.

My first record was Take Off Your Pants & Jacket purchased about 7 years ago. I found out many years later that it was an original pressing from 2001 released in the UK, according to discogs. Absolutely love the record and I got it for pretty cheap, considering how much it would cost nowadays.

My first was an original pressing of Weezer's Pinkerton.

awesome! did you buy it back in 1996?

i guess the first ones i ever owned (or rather, co-owned with my sisters) were a bunch of Disney records (Cinderella, 101 Dalmatians, Mickey Mouse Disco :lol:, etc.), which were bought by my dad (i think). i don't recall listening to them, though.

fast forward a number of years later, and when i was fourteen i purchased my first record (The White Stripes' Elephant) in 2003. my family and i were vacationing in Vegas and i was obsessed with The White Stripes, so i begged my parents to take me to Virgin Megastore at Caesars Palace.

• 10 months later...

My first records were gifted to me by my girlfriend (now fiancee). I had expressed interest in collecting vinyl so, for my birthday, she got me a turntable and copies of Bright Eyes - Lifted and Real Estate - Atlas. First visit to a record store, I bought Gaslight Anthem - American Slang.

As I Lay Dying - "The Powerless Rise" back in 2011. It was the super limited deluxe fan box set and it had a "picture disc". I honestly didn't know it had music and was playable. I think I was majorly into AILD and got a hold of "An Ocean Between Us" next... kinda just went from there. I hit the ground running in 2013 and got a majority of what I have now... and didn't get a player until 2014. True story.