What was the first record you ever bought?

Odd Soul by Mutemath

For VIP tickets, you could meet the band but it also came with a record. At the time I didn't have a player so I figured I'd hold on to it.

The first record I bought in a store was James Taylor's greatest hits along with 5 or 6 other records in an antique store, mostly classic staples from the 70s

Russian Circles - Geneva

I had been interested in vinyl for years, but kept pushing off buying records because I didn't know anything about turntables / stereo equipment in general. Finally, I decided that I'd just start buying records that caught my eye, and eventually I'd have a bunch and NEED to research some stereo equipment and put together a set up. And that's pretty much exactly what happy. I just happened to be on a Russian Circles kick when I made this decision. 

I was in high school and was starting to get into metal. My then-guitar teacher recommended I check out Converge, so I listened to Jane Doe and absolutely fell in love with it.

A couple weeks later I was at the CD/record store in my town and I was bored so I started looking through the used records. I found a copy of Jane Doe on vinyl for 20 bucks in the and bought it. I played it on my parents turntable a couple times back then, but mostly it just sat in a frame on my wall.

A couple years later I actually got INTO collecting records and so I looked up the pressing info on my copy of Jane Doe. It was the original red/orange split tour pressing out of 150. Still my best find ever.

That is just so awesome!

Rancid 2000 in 2000. Was #d out of 1500 on 180g, but I didn't care about that. Only 200 were signed by the band and that's what I stoked on at the time. My mom didn't have a record player anymore and my dad's was broken so I had to use my friend's brother's player to listen to it. A few months later I got one for my birthday.

of Montreal - Coquelicot Asleep in the Poppies original pressing on mulitcolored vinyl (mine is blue grey/teal) signed by Kevin Barnes 'Detective Duillight, I love you!' I bought it from someone on the e6townhall when I was in high school before I had a record player. I actually had to mail them money because I didn't know paypal was a thing.  when I got one a few months later it was the first thing I played.

It is still one of my most prized possessions :)

Unfortunately I had bought the Mudvayne - Not Falling 10" with a gift certificate in 2001 when I was 14. Then months later found a free 7" of the exact same thing at a local headshop.

My family never had a record player...just grabbed it cause I was a huge Mudvayne fan at the time. Then in 2012 (still before purchasing a turntable) I had grabbed Cyanide Sisters by Com Truise and accrued a few here and there unti this winter when I finally recieved my Orbit and really let loose with my purchases.

of Montreal - Coquelicot Asleep in the Poppies original pressing on mulitcolored vinyl (mine is blue grey/teal) signed by Kevin Barnes 'Detective Duillight, I love you!' I bought it from someone on the e6townhall when I was in high school before I had a record player. I actually had to mail them money because I didn't know paypal was a thing.  when I got one a few months later it was the first thing I played.

It is still one of my most prized possessions :)

One of my favorites, mine is purple/teal. One day I will get KB to sign it