I've spoken with Travis directly, and though I can't make any guarantees, he assured me that the 10th anniversary of In Keeping Secrets hasn't been overlooked. I was half expecting a Record Store Day 14 repress...but I'm not too sure. The fact that he and Claudio are/will be parents now definitely makes this sound a little more promising. We'll see...

I think the Afterman conflicted with it too. They were touring so extensively for those albums. When the SSTB Neverender happened they weren't touring in support of an album (or double for that matter)

People close to the band have said that this is all rumor. Sorry to burst everyone's bubble.

I've spoken with Travis directly, and though I can't make any guarantees, he assured me that the 10th anniversary of In Keeping Secrets hasn't been overlooked. 

I just talked to Travis again and he's saying that neither the repress nor the GA1 pressing are happening. Sorry everyone.

Edit: He says there are no RSD '14 releases happening. Maybe they have other plans?

Something is happening. 

DRZZ8wV.gif

Coheed could make SO MUCH $$$$ repressing and selling their first 3 records on wax that it's not even funny.

Do the whole "individually numbered foil stamp" 2X LP deal for $40/$60/$40 a pop, respectively, + $8 shipping and people wouldn't even think twice and they'd probably be sold out and "presale" flipped for double on eBay within 48 hours.

Coheed could make SO MUCH $$$$ repressing and selling their first 3 records on wax that it's not even funny.

Do the whole "individually numbered foil stamp" 2X LP deal for $40/$60/$40 a pop, respectively, + $8 shipping and people wouldn't even think twice and they'd probably be sold out and "presale" flipped for double on eBay within 48 hours.

Sad but true on the latter. :lol:

I am convinced that the issue here is with Columbia/Sony. Let's think about it: SSTB had a decent number pressed a few years back (due for a repress) and both Afterman records are readily available but yet IKSSE:3 only saw one run upon release. Every Coheed record released on Columbia has either never been put to wax or is harder to find by the day. But what about IKSSE:3? Well, though it was originally put on via Equal Vision the record was "upstreamed" (aka bought out) by Sony once the band started making it big. I'm sure if Sony didn't have their grubby fingers on that album we would have seen a repress ages ago..definitely by the time the 10 year anniversary hit.

So long story short: apparently Sony is either allergic to money (which I doubt) or they're just oblivious to the demand of both IKSSE:3 and Good Apollo Vol. I on vinyl. No wonder the music industry is falling apart.

Just posted today on Facebook from a store in Canada.  So despite what the band said, this did exist, as this is the 3rd different store in Canada that received info on it.  Looks like it got pushed to Black Friday (or maybe earlier):

Vertigo Records Direct from SONY:

-The following titles will no longer be released for RSD 2014. They might come out at a later time, possibly Black Friday 2014.

-Les titres suivants ne sortiront pas pour le RSD 2014. Possible qu’ils fassent partie du Black Friday 2014.

Coheed and Cambria
Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV
Vinyl LP Record

Elvis Presley
I Forgot To Remember To Forget

OutKast
Player's Ball
10" Single

Just posted today on Facebook from a store in Canada. So despite what the band said, this did exist, as this is the 3rd different store in Canada that received info on it. Looks like it got pushed to Black Friday (or maybe earlier):

Vertigo Records Direct from SONY:

-The following titles will no longer be released for RSD 2014. They might come out at a later time, possibly Black Friday 2014.

-Les titres suivants ne sortiront pas pour le RSD 2014. Possible qu’ils fassent partie du Black Friday 2014.

Coheed and Cambria

Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV

Vinyl LP Record

Elvis Presley

I Forgot To Remember To Forget

OutKast

Player's Ball

10" Single

This is basically what I was saying. Travis said RSD was a no go. I imagine Black Friday as well or potentially 10th anniversary?

I could be way off here but I'm pretty sure Evil Ink records is still somehow under Universal. Maybe they'd try to buy rights from Sony/Columbia? I'm not sure of EVR has any say left either. The most recent Coheed albums were released by Everything Evil and Hundred Handed. Does anyone know who HH is?

I could be way off here but I'm pretty sure Evil Ink records is still somehow under Universal. Maybe they'd try to buy rights from Sony/Columbia? I'm not sure of EVR has any say left either. The most recent Coheed albums were released by Everything Evil and Hundred Handed. Does anyone know who HH is?

Here is some info the C&C board did on HH:  http://forums.cobaltandcalcium.com/showthread.php?47570-Hundred-Handed-Inc