Today is my last day ever at a terrible job of 6.5 years!

I'm FINALLY FUCKING FREE of the worst job ever. Worked here 6.5 years for a dickhead rich white photographer who treats everyone like pure shit. 

Today is my last day & I'm not officially my own boss. I recently started a custom guitar effects company and I'm ready to finally be happy. 

That is all. 

He is a commercial photographer - does big ad campaigns which do bring in a lot of money. As he is getting older he is losing his touch in my opinion and i'm surprised he's even getting any work anymore. But that isn't my problem. 

If anyone wants to support a first time business owner, you can buy guitar pedals with weed leaves, upside down crosses, snakes with rat heads, etc here and use "vcboard" as a discount code for 10% off. 

http://www.abominableelectronics.com

I'm FINALLY FUCKING FREE of the worst job ever. Worked here 6.5 years for a dickhead rich white photographer who treats everyone like pure shit.

Today is my last day & I'm not officially my own boss. I recently started a custom guitar effects company and I'm ready to finally be happy.

That is all.

Good for you man. It always blows my mind when people complain about their jobs but don't try to do anything about it.

I just recently moved on from a job a had for slightly over 10 years. I put my notice in on New Years Eve a couple months back. Best thing I could have done. I didn't realize how much happier I could have been.

Congratulations.

(I'll definitely scope out your pedals too.)

Congrats, man! So exciting. 

He is a commercial photographer - does big ad campaigns which do bring in a lot of money. As he is getting older he is losing his touch in my opinion and i'm surprised he's even getting any work anymore. But that isn't my problem. 

So uhm...were you working for Terry Richardson?

Guitar Pedals sounds like a very competitive field.  If your company is successful. Are you going to become the rich, white dickhead you complained about?  Or does that label not apply to people like you?  Hope you didn't have to move in Mom's basement to offset the startup costs.  

Good luck to anyone trying to start a new business and lease on life.  Worked for me after 9/11 and I have never been in an office since that day. Even with a marriage, mortgage and 3-year-old daughter all bearing down us, my wife ALWAYS encouraged me with positive feedback.  The only jerks about my decision were my mother and younger brother who worked as a negative team against my family.  They hate that I am mildly successful.  My family finally had enough from them and "lost" contact with them and their negative vibe quickly after my father passed away.  Another great decision.  

Never made as much money but the freedom of working for yourself, and the extra effort required to succeed, is NOT under-rated.  Need luck and hard work with balls of steel in this economy.  All the best.  

How did you last  six and a half years at a job you hated??? That would have been soul destroying.

*edit* just wanted to add that at this stage I'd been a chef for 10 years, and had already run some amazing places that had won quite a few awards**

The longest I ever lasted at a job I hated was about 4 weeks. And that was out of spite/revenge. The owner of a restaurant was a rich white bitch, who belittled everyone else that wasn't rich and white.

New years eve came, the restaurant was booked out. She was 'willing' to pay me up to $20 per hour to run the thing all night. Of course I said yes. Started drinking at about mid day. Called in to the restaurant about 2pm, told her I wanted more money, and to leave at 10pm. She went up to $25 per hour. So I walked off to the pub, as it neared service time(4pm) i was getting calls every 15 minutes. You need to start prepping all the food. You're the only person working, this is going to get out of hand. Still didn't offer me more.

So at 6pm when the place was already full. I went in, told her I was willing to work for a pittance, and sat across the street drinking A 40 while table by table she went and told them it wasn't happening. And they'd have to go elsewhere to eat.

Beautiful. That place closed a few months later. And it was the happiest day of my, and many others lives.

Sorry to threadjack. I'll probably buy a pedal next week. Fuck yeah for new beginnings!

Good on you, dude! I quit a job that was becoming miserable about 9 months ago and haven't regretted it a bit since. It wasn't the worst job in the world but it was extremely dull and repetitive, some of my coworkers were becoming irritating, and my boss was an unrelenting egoist. I'm 25, and after leaving that job I'm the happiest I've been with life since I graduated high school. I've always thought it was strange that friends of mine stayed extended periods of time at jobs they hated. It might be a bit of work to figure something else out but being content with work is such a huge factor in overall happiness with life.

I did work at a grocery store once that I quit after a month. Hired me as a part time employee with no benefits, they scheduled me for 40 hours a week starting the first week but I ended up working about 50-55 hours per week as they would schedule me til 11 PM and keep me there til 2-4 AM every shift. After a few spats with management, they scheduled me for a 4 am shift (I usually worked noon or 2 PM til 2 AM) and I was so cranky when I went in that I just told them not to schedule me next week or ever.

It might be a bit of work to figure something else out but being content with work is such a huge factor in overall happiness with life.

nailed it. the majority of us aren't going to be lucky enough to be super-excited about going to work everyday. But being content with doing the thing that pays your bills is so huge.