Ordered a copy of deja on ebay...

Thought you guys would appreciate my frustration today...

So I ordered a copy of deja on ebay earlier this month, got it for a decent price and it was described as mint and only played once. It arrives in the mail in a bubble envelope! As I was tearing open the envelope I was telling myself "they better have something else besides just the album in here", no such luck. The sleeve has been destroyed one corner is actually curling up! I already filed an ebay claim and the seller doesn't even seem to have remorse for how little care they put into the shipment. It always annoys me when i sell a record on ebay and the buyer insists upon telling me how I need to ship the record (despite the fact that it is obvious from my seller page that I've sold plenty of vinyl and always ship with the utmost care) Guess this incident will turn me into that guy now, I just hate that they destroyed this piece of art just out of sheer stupidity

*rant over* Thanks for listeningphoto1copy_zpsbb674883.jpgphoto2_zpsa1a99631.jpgphoto3_zps58c6249f.jpgphoto4_zps5eccbd96.jpgphoto5_zps1049d7eb.jpgphoto_zps4811de92.jpg

If you opened a claim and have pictures you'll almost certainly get your money back. Ebay almost always sides with the buyer. This is also why you never buy vinyl off ebay unless you know they'll ship it well. 

If ebay almost always sides with the buyer then surely it's ok buying off there? I'm always more nervous about selling as once it's left my hands, it's out of my control and I know I'm the one that could lose out.

If they play alright at least you've got that going for you. I would be so fucking mad if I got a record in a bubble mailer. I was expecting a record a few weeks ago and my heart dropped when I came home and saw a bubble mailer sticking out of the mailbox. Luckily it was a completely different thing that was fine to ship in a bubble mailer.

That really sucks, dude. Honestly though, for being packed like that the damage is minimal. You got off luckyyyy. Not only that, but if your claim succeeds you probably got a free, playable copy of Déjà.

This would be ideal :)

It only travelled from Illinois to Minnesota, so I'm sure had I been further from the origin that wax would have been shattered by the time it got to me

If they play alright at least you've got that going for you. I would be so fucking mad if I got a record in a bubble mailer. I was expecting a record a few weeks ago and my heart dropped when I came home and saw a bubble mailer sticking out of the mailbox. Luckily it was a completely different thing that was fine to ship in a bubble mailer.

That was exactly my state of mind when I saw the bubble mailer on the bottom of my mail stack :/

when you mail it back, just tape the side shut and tape the postage to the cover.

Hah totally, if it was good enough to ship it that way to me, I don't see how it wouldn't be good enough for them. That's what I will do actually, no sense in wasting an LP mailer on that bum to ensure a proper delivery back

Man. That's a shame. You always hope that if and when you buy a record from a seller on eBay, that they actually know what they're doing and how to properly package and mail them out. I usually ask ahead of time before even bidding, how they pack and ship stuff out. Especially if it's a record that I really, really, really want and haven't been able to find anywhere else.

Lucky that it didn't arrive any more fucked up.

Should've bought one from me though. I got plenty to go around.

00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000001824-1.j

;)

Man. That's a shame. You always hope that if and when you buy a record from a seller on eBay, that they actually know what they're doing and how to properly package and mail them out. I usually ask ahead of time before even bidding, how they pack and ship stuff out. Especially if it's a record that I really, really, really want and haven't been able to find anywhere else.

;)

Damn dude, that is an impressive collection of deja's. Had I known I would've asked you first! PM me if you're serious about letting a copy go, I'm definitely still interested :)

;)

Do you still have that many?

That's my impression too, I'm petitioning the seller for a partial refund of about 40% of the cost, hoping they just say fuck it and do that

I get the seller is an idiot who should've know better, but if you asked me for 40% of the purchase price back because of a scratched sleeve with a bent corner I'd tell you to fuck right off.

Maybe 10-15%, but 40%? Give me a break. Unless you were planning on framing it, that value of the sleeve being almost half the cost of the record doesn't make sense.

He'd make more refunding you in full, getting his record back and reselling with a "well worn and loved copy" he's only selling due to "hard times". Even with a bent corner and some scratches someone who doesn't have it will pay crazy prices to own the record.

I get the seller is an idiot who should've know better, but if you asked me for 40% of the purchase price back because of a scratched sleeve with a bent corner I'd tell you to fuck right off.

Maybe 10-15%, but 40%? Give me a break. Unless you were planning on framing it, that value of the sleeve being almost half the cost of the record doesn't make sense.

He'd make more refunding you in full, getting his record back and reselling with a "well worn and loved copy" he's only selling due to "hard times". Even with a bent corner and some scratches someone who doesn't have it will pay crazy prices to own the record.

Well that's your opinion and of course you're entitled to it, but truthfully after fees lost through ebay and paypal and shipping costs, not to mention the fact I haven't even said how much I paid for this in the first place, I can assuredly say 40% off of what I paid is entirely fair based on current pricing on ebay and where the market is headed. It's no longer at the peak we were seeing months ago, prices are going down, and a copy that looks like this won't be fetching even $200+ anymore.

But again as I also said if the seller doesn't agree with that I'm more than willing to just send it back for a full refund, but we also know you're not the seller and most likely would never be in this situation considering we all know never to ship a record in a fucking bubble envelope, but a 10-15% refund would be ridiculous and there's no way you'd request that if you were in my position

This would be ideal :)

It only travelled from Illinois to Minnesota, so I'm sure had I been further from the origin that wax would have been shattered by the time it got to me

That's probably true. Also, luckily your mailman didn't just jam it into a mailbox thinking it was flexible.