PO: Circa Survive - Descensus (11/24/14)

Damn...that vocal melody is killer and There's a breakdown at one point that reminded me of tool. This album is going to blow violent waves and blue sky noise out of the water. I'm excited now

I really hope so. That's what kind of threw me off from ordering. Didn't want it to sound too much like BSN and VW, but it has an old school feel, but more matured.

Its so great to see (and hear) this band so rejuvenated. Had you told me 8 years ago that this band would have such longevity I would have had a good laugh. I know many seem to dislike Will Yip but it seems his time with them and their friendships with Balance and Composure, Title Fight, and other bands from PA really gave the band a fresh perspective.

I really hope so. That's what kind of threw me off from ordering. Didn't want it to sound too much like BSN and VW, but it has an old school feel, but more matured.

I preordered BSN only to be very let down. I ended up selling my blue copy 2 years ago for like 20 bucks. Of course I regret it now because it's the only CS l.p. I don't own. I JUST picked up violent waves at the beginning of the month. And wasn't as disappointed with it as in was BSN but it wasn't what I was expecting from these guys.

After hearing this New song, i am more inclined to preorder the album.

I'm in the minority who love BSN, but it was my introduction to the band so I suppose I'm biased. While I wasn't disappointed by VW I'm looking forward to a more aggressive record from them.

BSN is the only record of theirs I love. The more energetic, more melodic sound fit perfectly in my tastes.

holy shit that track is so good.

http://www.amazon.com/Descensus-Circa-Survive/dp/B00OC7MDBG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414387258&sr=8-1&keywords=circa+survive+vinyl

it's up on amazon for 28.98.

I wonder how much HT will be selling for because that blue white swirl sounds nice.

This album is a 2xLP and the Hot Topic exclusive blue/white swirl will be $26.50

Mmmmmhm.

I'm really liking the HT color. Will match the art perfectly.

But if there's a 180g, idk.. Might go that route.

I may end up picking up one of the HT ones, I need to hear some more songs first though. I couldn't really get into anything past OLG so far.

I just hope Through Being Cool also gets a blue/white swirl pressing. (wrong thread, I know)

I love BSN. I really do. First Circa album I heard, but once I listened to the earlier work, damn man.... No contest.

BUT. Still like almost all songs on BSN.

Anyway, the songs I heard so far (sample and live song), I keep thinking of their earlier work.

Don't take my word for it, of course. New song will be released at 2PST, so looking forward to that.

But I like anything this band does, personally.

I love BSN. I really do. First Circa album I heard, but once I listened to the earlier work, damn man.... No contest.

Anyway, the songs I heard so far (sample and live song), I keep thinking of their earlier work.

Don't take my word for it, of course. New song will be released at 2PST, so looking forward to that.

But I like anything this band does, personally.

That seems to be the trend, if you got into them after BSN came out you seem to really like the whole catalog, but, being a fan from Juturna and going from listening to Juturna and OLG into BSN just turned me off so hard. :/

Kind of a bummer, but it gave me less of their stuff that I had to collect, so that's a good thing.

I still get excited when they release new stuff though. hopefully this one won't be a let down! 

That seems to be the trend, if you got into them after BSN came out you seem to really like the whole catalog, but, being a fan from Juturna and going from listening to Juturna and OLG into BSN just turned me off so hard. :/

Kind of a bummer, but it gave me less of their stuff that I had to collect, so that's a good thing.

I still get excited when they release new stuff though. hopefully this one won't be a let down!

I absolutely know what you mean. That's happened to me with bands like The Devil Wears Prada.

Anything after Zombie EP just turns me off like crazy. But I still hope for the best with new releases.

Hopefully this won't be a letdown for either of us!

I feel like an anomaly here.  I don't listen to a lot of Circa these days, but I "got into" the band with OLG.  I hold it and Juturna in pretty high regard even if they're very occasional revisits for me.  I also consider Blue Sky Noise to be a really solid output; like others have said, the energy and melodies on that record make for a very refreshing addition to their discography.  But that's my last stop with the band.  The Appendage EP was eh, and Violent Waves is one of the most boring, uninspired albums I've heard in a long time.  (If Descensus delivers, I'm willing to forget that VW even exists.)