Record Store Day's new "Vinyl Tuesday"

Oh, it's definitely stupid. I'm just not that concerned about it, because I don't have to participate if I don't want to.

This conversation raises an interesting question, though: what percentage of indie vinyl is sold in physical stores versus online? For smaller labels, is it even worth it to be in stores anymore?

Oh, it's definitely stupid. I'm just not that concerned about it, because I don't have to participate if I don't want to.

This conversation raises an interesting question, though: what percentage of indie vinyl is sold in physical stores versus online? For smaller labels, is it even worth it to be in stores anymore?

From my perspective it makes sense to still have a portion in Brick and Morter stores. There are times when shopping online for certain items is easier.....but clicking through page after page of releases in a website isn't the same experience as going to your store and sifting through the bins. In addition to that the size of the label could actually benefit from selling through stores, even if it's all done by way of consignment....not having to rent a larger space to hold unsold stock could keep a tiny label afloat for a little while longer.

Clearly there are pluses and minuses to both sides of this...but for instance Suburban Home (original owner/creater of this board), among many other issues, was spending waaaaay too much on storage facilities for their Distro and releases...one of many factors that resulted in their closure. Had he kept it a small label/Distro at his house and just sent all product to other distros and independent Brick and Morter stores maybe he'd still be in business and the Co-Op would still be going ect.

Speaking of RSD, this 40+ year old record shop in my area said that the White Stripes release was never made available to them via any of the distributor lists, yet a video rental store across town with a small vinyl wall (that has been there three years max) got copies of Elephant- one of which was still there a week ago when I visited and found out they stocked vinyl. Is the system for fulfillment random?

Speaking of RSD, this 40+ year old record shop in my area said that the White Stripes release was never made available to them via any of the distributor lists, yet a video rental store across town with a small vinyl wall (that has been there three years max) got copies of Elephant- one of which was still there a week ago when I visited and found out they stocked vinyl. Is the system for fulfillment random?

Was it the RSD Elephant or the wide release?

I have one. Had a sale thread for it a while ago too. PM me an offer on it.

I will for sure if you've still got it in a month or two. I recently got a new phone, so I'm limiting my record budget. I thought bake saw one being sold at a store, so I assumed it would be sold at the original price (something I'd jump at considering its current online prices). But yeah, I'll totally keep you in mind after I get a few more paychecks.

I will for sure if you've still got it in a month or two. I recently got a new phone, so I'm limiting my record budget. I thought bake saw one being sold at a store, so I assumed it would be sold at the original price (something I'd jump at considering its current online prices). But yeah, I'll totally keep you in mind after I get a few more paychecks.

Right on. I'll hold onto it for you. I'm not desperate to let it go, but I'll cut you a better deal than the $116 I see on discogs right now for sure. That's ridiculous.

Much appreciated, Macho Man!

No prob, brotherrrrr.

I picked it up at RSD whatever year that was not really being a huge WS fan and trying to see what the appeal was, but I just can't get into them, so it's been sitting on my shelf since its first listen. ::shrug::

No prob, brotherrrrr.

I picked it up at RSD whatever year that was not really being a huge WS fan and trying to see what the appeal was, but I just can't get into them, so it's been sitting on my shelf since its first listen. ::shrug::

How does it sound? I got one that sounded so shitty I couldn't even listen to it. When Jack White was playing those distorted lead things that go high like in Black Math it hurt my ears. Wondering if mine was a fluke

How does it sound? I got one that sounded so shitty I couldn't even listen to it. When Jack White was playing those distorted lead things that go high like in Black Math it hurt my ears. Wondering if mine was a fluke

I second this--don't feel like dropping a ton on this if it doesn't sound too great.

No prob, brotherrrrr.

If the macho man ends up giving you a flying elbow on the deal, PM Me and I'll sell it to you for the price of some Gnome trousers.

You can fight for my money  ;)