PO: The Wonder Years - No Closer to Heaven

does anyone have a good picture of the clear with maroon, yellow, and teal splatter variant?  The only one i saw had hardly any splatter on it at all and was wondering if anyone had one that had heavier splatter

Got my vinyl in yesterday. Splatter is cool, but both discs look completely different. It's kind of cool. D-Side Etching is really hard to see. Posted pictures on my Twitter. 

https://twitter.com/thisisnotbrianm/status/638752254342864896

Great album. And I love what they've done with the variants, tying the colour schemes into the album artwork. I'm by no means a variant collector but I got the splatter on pre-order (I would have pre-ordered this album regardless of the vinyl colour tbh), then when I saw a picture of the blue/maroon swirl I had to pick up one of those too. Just as a piece of art, they compliment each other so well. pretentious, whatever. 

Glad we don't have Hot Topic in the UK though; I'd be financially ruined

Great album. And I love what they've done with the variants, tying the colour schemes into the album artwork. I'm by no means a variant collector but I got the splatter on pre-order (I would have pre-ordered this album regardless of the vinyl colour tbh), then when I saw a picture of the blue/maroon swirl I had to pick up one of those too. Just as a piece of art, they compliment each other so well. pretentious, whatever. 

Glad we don't have Hot Topic in the UK though; I'd be financially ruined

Actually one thing the Wonder Years always does is have the variant colors based off of the album artwork. They rarely use colors that aren't on the cover.

But I see what you're saying. This album has some of the most diverse variant styles out of all their releases

Actually one thing the Wonder Years always does is have the variant colors based off of the album artwork. They rarely use colors that aren't on the cover.

But I see what you're saying. This album has some of the most diverse variant styles out of all their releases

I guess what I meant is that the cover art is the most intricate and colourful they've put out and I really love how all the colours are echoed through the vinyl in a way that just doesn't compare to, say, TGG in red (which is the one I have). It feels more like one consistent piece of work, if that makes sense

Hypothesis: "The more I care about a record the more the USPS has the desire to bend the sleeve somehow....." the lower right corner of my sleeve is pretty bad.... 

I honestly hate that about online pre-orders lately. I want the online variant but I want the ability to make sure my record is going to be alright. There should be insurance for that or something. Does priority shipping even help? 

Anyways.... got my splatter in so going to spin it today. I was holding off on listening to the album too many times before it came in.

Anybody else get this email today?

"Hello!

We wanted to send out an update about your No Closer To Heaven pre-order. We’re happy to report that the vinyl has reached Merch Now. They are in the process of shipping your order out to you and will update your tracking information as soon as it ships. Please feel free to reach out to their customer service team directly if you have any questions: [email protected]. Please include your order number with your inquiry.      

We hope you were able to download the record and give it a listen. We’ll be sending out a separate email on Monday to the 2 test pressing winners. Thanks again for all of your support and patience!

-Your friends at Hopeless Records"

I received this from Amazon Prime today. It came in a HUGE box, and as a result, has massive corner bends. I'm

new to ordering records from Amazon, so I'm wondering what the best way to approach this is. Should I just go through their "Return or Replace" option? I hear many stories of people getting sent replacements from Amazon without having to send the original back. That would be ideal, seeing as I could just give it to a friend, or a board member for the price of shipping.

Thanks.

I received this from Amazon Prime today. It came in a HUGE box, and as a result, has massive corner bends. I'm

new to ordering records from Amazon, so I'm wondering what the best way to approach this is. Should I just go through their "Return or Replace" option? I hear many stories of people getting sent replacements from Amazon without having to send the original back. That would be ideal, seeing as I could just give it to a friend, or a board member for the price of shipping.

Thanks.

Email them, they'll figure it out for you.

Thanks.

They sent me an incorrect record once, I told them and they sent the actual record. I never sent back the incorrect one because I'm never home and didn't get around to it so Ithey charged me for the price of the item I originally ordered again.

Email them, they'll figure it out for you.

Nice edit! Decided not to be an ass? (EDIT: I probably shouldn't also be an ass, it's all good). I thought maybe there was a loophole that would involve me not having to send the record back. I'm not too concerned about Amazon losing $22.

They sent me an incorrect record once, I told them and they sent the actual record. I never sent back the incorrect one because I'm never home and didn't get around to it so Ithey charged me for the price of the item I originally ordered again.

I've never had that happen. They always tell me to keep the mistake (whether it's damage, wrong record, etc)

This is what I'm wondering. Because the method on their site I was using says if you don't return it you will be charged for it. What method do you use?

I always go through the contact us. I never do the return way unless it's my own fault. Like if I bought something but don't actually need it. If that makes sense.