DOMAN127

Video Game OSTs v2.0

1,820 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, cambionic said:

I check this thread after every update in hopes that Red Dead Redemption or Zombies Ate My Neighbors soundtracks were pressed.

I'm wondering if RDR2 OST will get a pressing, since it's coming at a time when vinyl sales are hitting record highs.

A RDR repress would be instant money for Rockstar. I'm fortunate enough to have one and it's one of my most cherished records. I'm also holding out hope for an LA Noire pressing eventually.

whoa likes this

On 26/3/2017 at 4:54 AM, rc87 said:

Does anyone here know if the Ys soundtracks were ever released on vinyl? If not, Nihon Falcom or one of these other companies putting out game soundtracks should definitely work on that. IMO they're amongst the best of all time, wish I could get my hands on a quality color vinyl copy of at least Ys 1&2. 

Ys I & II got vinyl releases in  Japan the 80s and there were some symphonic recordings of the two that got released as well IIRC. They're pretty hard to find, though. 

Silent Hill - Original Video Game Soundtrack 2XLP. Music by Konami Digital Entertainment. Artwork by Sam Wolfe Connelly. Pressed on 180 Snowfall Colored Vinyl. $30

Mondo is proud present the premiere vinyl release of the soundtrack to the haunting 1999 original Playstation title, SILENT HILL.

Set in the eponymous town of SILENT HILL, you play as Harry Mason after a car crash leaves you stranded and searching for his missing adopted daughter, Cheryl. But this town is not what it seems, and Harry quickly discovers that his daughter's disappearance may be a connected to the town's mysterious cult activity.

Don't let the tone of the plucky mandolin driven opening track fool you; this is one of the most haunting soundtracks we've ever released. Full of hair-raising, pulse-pounding, industrial cues, the soundtrack to SILENT HILL is the stuff of nightmares. Which is important, since SILENT HILL (and its subsequent sequels) has its feet planted firmly in the legacy of survival horror gaming.

Pressed on 2X 180 Gram "Snow Fall" Colored Vinyl (Clear with Heavy White splatter) and featuring original artwork by Sam Wolfe Connelly.

whoa likes this

Posted (edited)

For those interested, Chuck Ragan's The Flame in the Flood bundle is on sale, you get both variants of the vinyl. both Revival album variants, FitF CD, and both Revival tour CD's for $60. It's an insane deal if you've been holding out like I have. 

https://chuckraganmerch.com/collections/music/products/bundle-1?variant=32431611920

Edit: To be fair FitF is one of the cheapest albums currently available, but that beats the pants off most other OST's right now. Two of Iam8bit's albums, not including shipping would be more than this set.

Edited by Infamous Lunchbox
Added info

9 minutes ago, ghost said:

Man, I had the LE Ninja Gaiden boxset ready to pay but $136 was tough to swallow. Looks like 1 minute was all it took because when I cancelled out the boxset was sold out!

Yeah - the other page where you can get the regular edition is just pinwheeling.  I slept on this.

ghost likes this

31 minutes ago, thievedrelic said:

It's still available right now.

Looks like sold out again. Mehhh, a signed art print isn't worth an extra some $20 to me anyways.

I might wait to see if Mondo distributes this in the future. Got the SFII repress from them and only $85 PPD.