Pokemon Go

On 7/19/2016 at 0:19 AM, Dave Grohl said:

This knuckle-dragging twat is GPS hacking. Too lazy to leave his place to get some exercise, and enjoy the game.

https://www.twitch.tv/nesbigbasher1337

ybYOuLW.png

Given this buggy ass game has now twice deleted all my pokéballs I'm highly considering mocking my location to the pokéstop down the block until I get all my stupid pokéballs back.

Pretty damn easy to do with a rooted Android device. There's already pre-built modules in the Xposed Framework directory specifically for this. Only a matter of time until people figure out a way to clone items and pokémon and ruin gym battles altogether.

6 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Given this buggy ass game has now twice deleted all my pokéballs I'm highly considering mocking my location to the pokéstop down the block until I get all my stupid pokéballs back.

Pretty damn easy to do with a rooted Android device. There's already pre-built modules in the Xposed Framework directory specifically for this. Only a matter of time until people figure out a way to clone items and pokémon and ruin gym battles altogether.

It's deleting your items? I would report that via the app. See if they can do anything for you. At the very least make them aware of it.

It's supposed to be 95 tomorrow, and 100 on Saturday. I might take a break for a couple days for it to cool off. I wish you could buy km eggs, cause then I would just walk around at home in the woods, and hatch stuff.

Edited by Dave Grohl

5 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

It's deleting your items? I would report that via the app. See if they can do anything for you. At the very least make them aware of it.

It's supposed to be 95 tomorrow, and 100 on Saturday. I might take a break for a couple days for it to cool off. I wish you could buy km eggs, cause then I would just walk around at home in the woods, and hatch stuff.

Yeah, two times now. Second batch included pokéballs I paid for. Submitted a ticket through the Niantic site last night. If it happens again I think I'm giving up on this game altogether.

1 minute ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Yeah, two times now. Second batch included pokéballs I paid for. Submitted a ticket through the Niantic site last night. If it happens again I think I'm giving up on this game altogether.

I think it might be because of the pay part. I paid for 20 balls once, and the payment went through the Play store, but it didn't register with the app. Out $1. So I feel you. If they don't fix tracking soon, as well as the servers, I think I'll be done until they fix those issues.

1 hour ago, Shitty Rambo said:

This is pretty much the only scenario where I wouldn't be like "Wow mocking your GPS location to play pokemon is shitty and sad and ruins the fun"

okay so there is this place in the town over that is INSANE! I was there from 10 to 11:30pm, there were maybe 50 to 75 people at all times.  I live in a small town so this is pretty crazy, so unlike the city.  and when the cops showed up everyone started to yell TEAM ROCKET!!

QSHRGee.jpg

anyways, my journal won't show all of the pokemon I caught, but here are what i can remember

pikachu ( first one and i just hit lvl 18 )

squirtle

electabuzz (1021 cp)

jynx

ponyta

growlithe

magneton

omanyte

vulpix

slowbro

magnemites (8)

magneton

poliwags

horseas

shelldars

staryu

voltorb

drowzee

slowpoke

machop

geodude

weedle

doduo

ratata

seal

goldeen

zubat

psyduck

magicarps

tentacool

mankey

anyways... this place is LITTTT and i'm so going back till i can get them all.

Edited by jacobraccuia

This three step bug is crazy. 

So i'm sitting in my apartment in my pajamas absentmindedly evolving pidgeys and stuff when I happen to glance at the nearby tab and see my first Lickitung silhouette. Despite better judgement I dart out the door barefoot and run to the fence outlining my apartment complex in an attempt to happen to bump into the long-tongued devil. After running entirely around the complex without encountering anything but caterpies, I head out onto the road and run up it down to the Denny's parking lot. At this point I realize it vanished from the tab. Frustrated, I slumped back towards my apartment. I just happened to pass by the pool in the very middle of the complex and wouldn't you know--Lickitung was taking a dip :D Only cp750 but this was one of the more fun encounters I've had recently; kinda rejuvenated my fire for the hunting experience since the bug was birthed

3 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Had a good haul yesterday. Caught a Dragonite, Kadabra, Bulbasaur, Kakuna, Koffing, and got a Aerodactyl from a 10km egg. Now I just gotta level some of these guys up!

I get so jealous whenever I see people with Aerodactyl here! I think he's only an egg hatch where I live 

Hit lvl. 20 today, I hit up my usual Dratini nest I have been hitting nearly every day this week, took today off of work so I hit it around 12 and caught about 6 dratinis within 2 hours. The highlight though was when we all of a sudden heard someone yells out S-N-O-R-L-A-X from across the park, insane seeing about 40+ grown adults running as fast as they can to the corner of the park, ended up being a 1750 Snorlax, my second one but man it was fun!

3 hours ago, Satan said:

I haven't read this thread, so I apologize if this has been said, but I HAVE found out that if you're incubating and don't want to walk or do whatever, just put your phone on your platter and let it spin. 

Youre welcome.

Does this really work? I thought it was based off GPS and not just the phone moving.