Pokemon Go

27 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

In the last few days, I've had a ton of fun with this game. Hit level 20 yesterday. Caught my first Pikachu over the weekend, then another couple. Have a 1300+ Exeggutor. Just got an Onyx, Magnemite, Slowpoke, Tentacool, Magmar, and some others. It just gets better and better. 

I saw a huge jump in the cp level pokemon spawning and an even bigger variety of pokemon spawning once I hit level 20.

10 minutes ago, texan4life said:

I saw a huge jump in the cp level pokemon spawning and an even bigger variety of pokemon spawning once I hit level 20.

I actually got the Exeggutor and a 1100+ Flareon at like level 16 or 17. I've been hanging out at the local library for hours after sundown and catching all kinds of shit. I just hit 20, so I'm hoping tonight/this weekend are fruitful. 

17 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

I had a good egg day. I did get two rats, a Psyduck, and a Pidgey as well. Ha. So it wasn't all coming up roses. Stoked I finally got a Ponyta and Squirtel though. And my Ponyta is 30" tall so I renamed him Lil Sebastian.

7stBRCw.png

V6ixKcY.png

4HpYlTG.png

It's interesting how much the common Pokemon vary by location. I catch Ponytas and Geodudes all day in SLC but they're uncommon for you. Other people say the see tons of Doduos, but I've never seen one yet. I'm driving to Denver on Saturday and it will be cool to see what I run into out there or if it will even make a difference only being one state over.

9 minutes ago, Youinreverse said:

It's interesting how much the common Pokemon vary by location. I catch Ponytas and Geodudes all day in SLC but they're uncommon for you. Other people say the see tons of Doduos, but I've never seen one yet. I'm driving to Denver on Saturday and it will be cool to see what I run into out there or if it will even make a difference only being one state over.

It changes by much less, in my experience.

My fiance's workplace is just a few city blocks from mine and she catches magnemites and voltorbs, my workplace is all zubats all the time and I've never seen a magnemite or voltorb.

5 minutes ago, rooks said:

It changes by much less, in my experience.

My fiance's workplace is just a few city blocks from mine and she catches magnemites and voltorbs, my workplace is all zubats all the time and I've never seen a magnemite or voltorb.

I was convinced there were no Voltorbs in the game until I saw one on Twitter yesterday, and I completely forgot about Magnemite until now, but I haven't seen one

6 hours ago, Youinreverse said:

Growlithes? I caught two in Estes Park but haven't seen one in Dallas yet. Same with Mankey.

We have plenty of Doduos for you here in Texas. 

11 hours ago, deafening said:

Growlithes? I caught two in Estes Park but haven't seen one in Dallas yet. Same with Mankey.

We have plenty of Doduos for you here in Texas. 

I have a Mankey and have had a couple Doduos, but haven't seen a growlithe yet, I know a couple people who have one. I'm hoping everything is available to some extent on each country, because I'm not going to fuckin' Europe in search of Mew. 

Edited by throughbeingcruel

40 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I have a Mankey and have had a couple Doduos, but haven't seen a growlithe yet, I know a couple people who have one. I'm hoping everything is available to some extent on each country, because I'm not going to fuckin' Europe in search of Mew. 

Saw this from the article about the guy in Brooklyn who said he caught them all. "The region exclusive Pokémon are Mr. Mime in Europe, Farfetch'd in Japan and Kangaskhan in Australia and New Zealand."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/24/entertainment/pokemon-go/index.html

29 minutes ago, texan4life said:

Saw this from the article about the guy in Brooklyn who said he caught them all. "The region exclusive Pokémon are Mr. Mime in Europe, Farfetch'd in Japan and Kangaskhan in Australia and New Zealand."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/24/entertainment/pokemon-go/index.html

That's fucking lame. 

3 minutes ago, texan4life said:

Very lame plus, Mew, Mewtwo, Ditto and Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos are unavailable at this point, or so I've read.

Goddamn. I stopped following after the first Pokemon movie (honestly, I was already over hearing my friends brag about their cards by the time the movie came out. I started skateboarding around the time my friends got into Pokemon), so Mewtwo was the last new addition I'm familiar with. 

4 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Goddamn. I stopped following after the first Pokemon movie (honestly, I was already over hearing my friends brag about their cards by the time the movie came out. I started skateboarding around the time my friends got into Pokemon), so Mewtwo was the last new addition I'm familiar with. 

Haha, after those that I just mentioned I have no idea what any of them are.

11 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Same here! I knew about like three more after that, like the first new batch that they added to the show (Togepi), but pretty much I only know the first 153 Pokemon or so, lol.

2 hours ago, texan4life said:

Haha, after those that I just mentioned I have no idea what any of them are.

2 hours ago, tetsuodaironman said:

Same here! I knew about like three more after that, like the first new batch that they added to the show (Togepi), but pretty much I only know the first 153 Pokemon or so, lol.

To be completely honest, I don't even remember some of them until I actually see them haha. And the evolutions, I've forgotten a lot of those too. But I'm starting to remember shit from my Pokemon Red days, so that's cool haha. 

23 minutes ago, Reshiram454 said:

As of 6th gen there are 721 Pokémon, and I know all of them like the back of my hand.

I feel like I only know the ones I do so well because 

A. I was in like third grade when I started playing and I had nothing else taking up my time

B. I also competed in local TCG tournaments

7 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I don't think anyone is surprised by this.

I'd hope so given my profile pic and username are all derived by Pokémon, haha. First game I ever played was Yellow and I played up until 4th gen, only reason I stopped was cause my DS got stolen. When High school came around I got back into it with 6th gen because I was intrigued by mega evolution. Since then, I've played the video games and TCG competitively.