Jump to content
Reshiram454

Pre-order now: TWIABP - Formlessness Remastered and Recrecorded + Live on KEXP

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

can't speak on sound but as far as I know losing Derrick/Danielle/D (whatever they go by these days as to not offend anyone) is the only main change from the last album but someone who follows them closely might have insight. I honestly dunno if I'm going to hop on this one, not just cause of all the fallout but will this band be good without one of the main songwriters? Maybe I'm overstating their importance, but the song on the sorority noise split was kind of meh (I know D was still in the band for it) and I'm looking forward to the one hundred year ocean album much more

That's my line of thought, more or less.  The drama means nothing to me, but I have a gut feeling that D was a major driving force behind the writing.  I could be entirely wrong though.

 

The post that thedillon just snuck in does instill some good confidence, though.  Who's handling the pre-orders on this today?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thedillon said:

I will say that it is my favorite album from the band of course I might be biased but I've listened to it at least once a day ever since I got the masters back. There are songs that sound similar to past TWIABP (7 minute long epics) and some that are fast energetic bangers (2 1/2 minute in your face). The lyrics on this album are next level. David has really come into his own. Also Chris Teti production is getting better with every album.  Just give it a chance and I promise you won't be let down. It didn't even have to grow on me it was completely instant just like harmlessness

This is really, really exciting. Harmlessness was a fantastic progression. I guess I was a little worried about Nicole leaving and that affecting the way things sounded but from what you say maybe that was an unnecessary worry. One thing I am curious about, and I dunno if you can say much - with the whole Nicole thing they said 'LP3 will be our statement' - is that something that comes across at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, thedillon said:

I will say that it is my favorite album from the band of course I might be biased but I've listened to it at least once a day ever since I got the masters back. There are songs that sound similar to past TWIABP (7 minute long epics) and some that are fast energetic bangers (2 1/2 minute in your face). The lyrics on this album are next level. David has really come into his own. Also Chris Teti production is getting better with every album.  Just give it a chance and I promise you won't be let down. It didn't even have to grow on me it was completely instant just like harmlessness

thanks for the inside opinion, I may not have bought harmlessness 2.0 or kexp But I've got most else outside of the april fool's stuff, no need to jump off now if its anything like you say I'll enjoy it. I'll keep an eye out for preorders but im sure they will go up while I'm at work and the rarest variant will sell out, but since I was on the fence about even ordering it ill just take what I can get after I get off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mattallurgist said:

This is really, really exciting. Harmlessness was a fantastic progression. I guess I was a little worried about Nicole leaving and that affecting the way things sounded but from what you say maybe that was an unnecessary worry. One thing I am curious about, and I dunno if you can say much - with the whole Nicole thing they said 'LP3 will be our statement' - is that something that comes across at all?

The band is just as good as they've ever been. To me it's as if nothing changed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, thedillon said:

The band is just as good as they've ever been. To me it's as if nothing changed

That's good enough for me! I'm in for whatever then. 
 

5 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

The post that thedillon just snuck in does instill some good confidence, though.  Who's handling the pre-orders on this today?

I'm guessing Epitaph? I haven't heard anything about them changing labels. Does mean I have to order through Kings Road, though. Bah!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

found this cant order yet http://goodjobdog.limitedrun.com/products/598263-twiabp-ianlatd-always-foreign-12-lp-gjd-exclusive-variant-500-pre-order

1 minute ago, thedillon said:

Pre-order through epitaph and bands official stores along with unique variants in Epitaph EU store and band EU store

so keep an eye here then? http://theworldisabeautifulplace.limitedrun.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

You are a hero and just saved me a tonne on shipping. Good job, dog? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom and Nicole were always my favorites as far as vocals/lyrics. Never been a big fan of Dave.

 

Didn't dig that single they released for charity, which I think was the first thing they released without Nicole.

 

 

So what I'm saying is I'm only ordering one variant of this. (Also, RIP my Whenever, If Ever collection. I'm down to just 2 copies)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

As far as I can tell, it's just KRM. The band hasn't said a word on social media so maybe they're gonna have something?

I hope so. Kinda hate KRM. PLUS I really want to hear something new. “Dillon and Her Son” should be out soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

soo....

I think this is good news...

 

I ordered Formlessness 16 cassette and Live at KEXP lp from BWM a long time ago...

I am sure when everyone else did.

and I got screwed like a lot of people did.

 

well guess what?   they showed up today at my box...

which means anyone who is still waiting and gave up on these items..

they might actually be on their way...

 

just letting people know..

enjoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad she's still trying and hope everyone gets their stuff! This really gives me more faith if a record ever gets put out on BWM again. Hopefully OHYO.

 

 

I've really cut back on buying records blindly this year so I can safely say Always Foreign is the worst record I've purchased this year. Thank you big head inflated ego TWIABP-lite!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×