PO: The Decemberists - The Crane Wife (10 Year Anniversary Edition) [5xLP]

ejc625

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/24373151/decemberists-crane-wife-10th-anniv-5lp-blu-ray

out 12/9

This is a 5LP plus Blu-Ray set containing the album, b-sides, alternate takes and demos and a complete live video performance from the 9:30 Club on The Crane Wife tour. Includes Original album (orig rel Oct 3, 2006 – 10th anniversary), Extras (e.g., b-sides and bonus tracks), outtakes (unreleased alternate mixes and takes, etc.), home demos, Video of the band’s performance at Washington, DC’s 9:30 Club, October 2006. Housed in a lift-top box.

Disc 1
1. The Crane Wife 3 (Side A), 2. The Island: – Come And See – The Landlord’s Daughter – You’ll Not Feel The Drowning (Side A), 3. Yankee Bayonet (I Will Be Home Then) (Side A), 4. O Valencia! (Side B), 5. The Perfect Crime #2 (Side B), 6. When The War Came (Side B), 7. Shankill Butchers (Side B)

Disc 2
1. Summersong (Side A), 2. The Crane Wife1 & 2 (Side A), 3. Sons & Daughters (Side A), 4. After The Bombs (Side B), 5. Culling Of The Fold (Side B), 6. Hurdles Even Here (Side B)

Disc 3
1. The Perfect Crime #1 / The Day I Knew You’d Not Come Back (Side A), 2. After The Bombs (Early Take) (Side A), 3. Yankee Bayonet (I Will Be Home Then) (ALTERNATE TAKE WITH ALELA DIANE) (Side B), 4. Culling Of The Fold (ALTERNATE TAKE WITH SEAN NELSON) (Side B), 5. Hurdles Even Here (FULL BAND TAKE) (Side B), 6. The Perfect Crime #2 (EARLY TAKE) (Side B)

Disc 4
1. The Island: – Come And See – The Landlord’s Daughter – You’ll Not Feel The Drowning (Side A), 2. O Valencia! (Side A), 3. The Perfect Crime #2 (Side A), 4. Yankee Bayonet (I Will Be Home Then) (WITH CARSON ELLIS) (Side B), 5. The Capp Street Girls (Side B), 6. Culling Of The Fold (Side B), 7. Hurdles Even Here (Side B)

Disc 5
1. Shankill Butchers (Side A), 2. Summersong (Side A), 3. The Day I Knew You’d Not Come Back (Side A), 4. The Perfect Crime #2 (Side A), 5. The Crane Wife 1, 2 & 3 (Side B), 6. Sons & Daughters (Side B)

Disc 6
Blu Ray: LIVE AT THE 9:30 CLUB, OCTOBER 29, 2006 (Previously Unreleased) 1. THE CRANE WIFE 3 , 2. THE ISLAND, 3. WE BOTH GO DOWN TOGETHER, 4. THE GYMNAST HIGH ABOVE THE GROUND, 5. THE PERFECT CRIME #2, 6. SHANKILL BUTCHERS, 7. HERE I DREAMT I WAS AN ARCHITECT, 8. O VALENCIA!, 9. THE LEGIONNAIRE’S LAMENT, 10.16 MILITARY WIVES, 11.THE CRANE WIFE 1 & 2, 12.SONS & DAUGHTERS, 13.RED RIGHT ANKLE, 14.CULLING OF THE FOLD, 15.I WAS MEANT FOR THE STAGE

not sure why the smilies were inserted 

Edited by ejc625

Like this album, but won't be able to swing this unless it goes on sale. Might be a different story if/when they do this with Hazards of Love. 

Like this album, but won't be able to swing this unless it goes on sale. Might be a different story if/when they do this with Hazards of Love. 

Here's more details on those extra discs:

Record One: The Original Album

SIDE 1

1. The Crane Wife 3

2. The Island

- Come And See

- The Landlord’s Daughter

- You’ll Not Feel The Drowning

3. Yankee Bayonet (I Will Be Home Then)

SIDE 2

1. O Valencia!

2. The Perfect Crime #2

3 When The War Came

4. Shankill Butchers

Record 2: Original Album Plus Outtakes

SIDE 3

1. Summersong

2. The Crane Wife 1 & 2

3. Sons & Daughters

SIDE 4

1. After The Bombs

2. Culling Of The Fold

3. Hurdles Even Here

Record Three: Outtakes And Alternates

SIDE 5

1. The Perfect Crime #1 + The Day I Knew You’d Not Come Back

2. After The Bombs (Early Take)

SIDE 6

1. Yankee Bayonet (I Will Be Home Then) (Alternate Take with Alela Diane)

2. Culling Of The Fold (Alternate Take with Sean Nelson)

3. Hurdles Even Here (Full Band Take)

4. The Perfect Crime #2 (Early Take)

Record Four: Home Demos

SIDE 7

1. The Island

- Come And See

- The Landlord’s Daughter

- You’ll Not Feel The Drowning

2. O Valencia!

3. The Perfect Crime #2

SIDE 8

1. Yankee Bayonet (I Will Be Home Then) (With Carson Ellis)

2. The Capp Street Girls

3. Culling Of The Fold

4. Hurdles Even Here

Record Five: Home Demos

SIDE 9

1. Shankill Butchers (Demo)

2. Summersong (Demo)

3. The Day I Knew You’d Not Come Back (Demo)

4. The Perfect Crime #1 (Demo)

SIDE 10

1. The Crane Wife 1, 2 & 3

2. Sons & Daughters

This is up on amazon.ca now. Much better price for me than ordering from the US and paying the crazy exchange rate and shipping costs.

$124.81CAD plus tax.

https://www.amazon.ca/Crane-Wife-5LP-Vinyl-Blu-ray/dp/B01M2ZBE1B/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1478014307&sr=8-2&keywords=decemberists

5 minutes ago, jackshidt said:

That Collectors Choice Music coupon still works:   OCTCCM25 for 25% off.  Price on ccmusic.com is $103.  Coupon drops it to $77.  Shipping is $11, brings price back up to $88.   Ka-Ching!

Yup, that's a good deal if you are in the US. For those of us in Canada we have to find alternatives.

• 1 month later...

Just checked my order.... i placed it with amazon.ca due to the US dollar CAN dollar exchange rate, and the high cost of shipping to Canada..... and, they have changed the image of the set, the image now shows black vinyl, not red marble vinyl....?!?!?!

What gives? I thought there was just one version of this?

EDIT - Now the image isn't there. It's just a copy of the cover that is shown.

Edited by niblips

6 hours ago, niblips said:

Just checked my order.... i placed it with amazon.ca due to the US dollar CAN dollar exchange rate, and the high cost of shipping to Canada..... and, they have changed the image of the set, the image now shows black vinyl, not red marble vinyl....?!?!?!

What gives? I thought there was just one version of this?

EDIT - Now the image isn't there. It's just a copy of the cover that is shown.

I ordered through Collector's Choice and just checked the description there. No mention of the red vinyl. I hadn't thought about this release being anything but on red either. I waited a bit on this release because of the price and I wasn't sure if I needed it or not. I hope waiting doesn't bite me in the ass. 

4 hours ago, kas1985 said:

Any updates on this release? Has anyone received their order from anyone but The Decemberists web store? My order from Collector's Choice is slated to arrive on Saturday. 

I saw one in my record store. What other updates are you wanting if yours has already shipped?