AdBlock Extension Detected!

sketch-logo.png

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our members.

Please disable AdBlock browser extension first, to be able to use our community.

Sign in to follow this  
jhulud

PO: Belly - New Album on PledgeMusic

As expected...multiple overprice bundles for the new LP which will likely be available in stores at some point.

https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/belly?referrer=newsletter&utm_campaign=newsletter_20171012&utm_content=primary_project&utm_medium=email&utm_source=pledgemusic

I wouldn't mind paying the higher prices knowing I'd be directly supporting the band. But almost all of the PledgeMusic projects I've backed have always ended up with damaged (and sometimes not-received) product. Whoever is doing the fulfillment on these projects does an incredibly poor job. So I'll be waiting on getting this until I find a copy in the shop or whenever they tour again.

On 10/12/2017 at 2:09 PM, glass realms said:

I wouldn't mind paying the higher prices knowing I'd be directly supporting the band. But almost all of the PledgeMusic projects I've backed have always ended up with damaged (and sometimes not-received) product. Whoever is doing the fulfillment on these projects does an incredibly poor job. So I'll be waiting on getting this until I find a copy in the shop or whenever they tour again.

The campaigns I've supported have been fulfilled by the artists directly.    

On 2/23/2018 at 1:02 PM, Smellman said:

This variant is actually the PledgeMusic exclusive, hence why the Bullmoose link now redirects to the yellow/orange splatter version.

For this band in 2018, this album is remarkably good. Not nearly as good as Star, but to my tastes, it feels like it could easily be superior to King (which is a good record I never really connected with on a deeper level).

Dove lacks the ethereal vibe of Star (as did King), as well as uptempo numbers akin to something like "Dusted" or "Slow Dog", but the songwriting, arrangements, production/sound design, and performances are all excellent here. I also have no qualms about how this PledgeMusic variant sounds, and its a relatively quiet master as well.

Highly recommended.

44 minutes ago, jackshidt said:

Amazon is offering what they call 'LIMITED EDITION TRANSLUCENT AQUA VINYL" for just $14.19 with free Prime shipping (long delivery time of 2-4 weeks though).

Belly on Amazon

I think that is the regular run (although most places have run out of those as well).   

Correction:  I'm pretty sure the regular run was "sea foam", so maybe this is a new pressing?  Not sure.  Is sea foam different than aqua?

Edited by kramer73