I like to consider myself a feminist...but I'm going to take the unpopular track here.  What if this guy has made it entirely clear to this gal that he isn't into her, but she keeps bothering him and wanting to sleep with him. Is it not ok then, for him to "hit that"?

Posturing and acting cool to your friends is something we all do at times, I'm inclined to give this kid the benefit of the doubt on this.

If a woman said something like, "ugh, this guy keeps bugging me and telling me he likes me. I haven't gotten laid in a while though so I'm probably going to let him come over," would we still be having this conversation?

Call me old fashioned, but it still bothers me. I doubt he has outright said "Hey look. I just don't think we are going to work". It's probably that he just stopped talking to her like he said. Instead of being honest about how she pissed him off, he just started ignoring her.

"One is talking about how this girl pissed him off, and she keeps texting him and liking his instagrams while he ignores her"

Some people don't take hints well. I am one of those people. Guys sometimes need to have the balls to be honest. But instead he is like... well. "I will still hit dat doe". Yeah. Fuck that.

And yes. If this is the other way around like you mentioned, I would be just as angry. FYI.

Call me old fashioned, but it still bothers me. I doubt he has outright said "Hey look. I just don't think we are going to work". It's probably that he just stopped talking to her like he said. Instead of being honest about how she pissed him off, he just started ignoring her.

"One is talking about how this girl pissed him off, and she keeps texting him and liking his instagrams while he ignores her"

Some people don't take hints well. I am one of those people. Guys sometimes need to have the balls to be honest. But instead he is like... well. "I will still hit dat doe". Yeah. Fuck that.

And yes. If this is the other way around like you mentioned, I would be just as angry. FYI.

That's reasonable, and I would guess you're probably right as far as the actual situation here.

I've been in that boat though, where someone was really into me, I wasn't into them and I told them how I felt and things still happened. Granted, I didn't go out in public talking about "hitting that" but maybe he thought no one could overhear them? Kids are stupid.

I get the whole, this generation is going down the tubes because such and such reason (promiscuity, drugs, etc.).

I think people thought the same things in the 60's though, and now those same people who were doing all this shit in the 60's get all riled up about it nowadays.

I do wish people would grow up and realize no one cares whether they're "getting it" on the reg though, and stop talking about it in public. That's more the part I find to be most gross.

That and that kids these days just really don't seem to realize that sex isn't a relationship, and it's not something to go into lightly.

(I'm also glad you'd be angry about it either way.)

I did and was given the stink eye for it

Bummerrrrrr.

He definitely didn't say anything to her about backing off, since the friend commented about how she hit him up on Facebook asking why the other dude was ignoring her.

Getting real in depth with this, haha. It was very interesting to listen to. Whenever I'm around kids that age, I just feel like an alien. I cannot connect with or relate to that age group at all, and I'm only 25.

He definitely didn't say anything to her about backing off, since the friend commented about how she hit him up on Facebook asking why the other dude was ignoring her.

Getting real in depth with this, haha. It was very interesting to listen to. Whenever I'm around kids that age, I just feel like an alien. I cannot connect with or relate to that age group at all, and I'm only 25.

I hear that. I'm 28? 28. and I get that same feeling. I sure do love gossip though.

Eric, parents aren't for fucking

What's a fuck parent?

Eh. That was supposed to be in response to Eric. Whatever.

Having them and being sheltered and treated like a child by them when you turn 18 next year are 2 very different things. I like them but they don't have the best parenting skills, though I understand and respect they're trying their best.

You're right, they should just ignore you, and not give two shits about your well being or what is good for you. C'mon man, they are just doing their job. They have your footprint down at the hospital, you have a social security number! You're on the grid mother fucker. If they don't do their job they will arrest them. In all seriousness though, they are just doing their job. Be glad they love you.

You're right, they should just ignore you, and not give two shits about your well being or what is good for you. 

Literally what the fuck are you talking about? What you are trying to say may be true, but your tone pisses me off. I haven't even explained my situation well enough for you to jump to the conclusion that I'm over reacting. So next time you leave your lane, put on your blinker and slowly merge or you'll get wrecked.

Literally what the fuck are you talking about? What you are trying to say may be true, but your tone pisses me off. I haven't even explained my situation well enough for you to jump to the conclusion that I'm over reacting. So next time you leave your lane, put on your blinker and slowly merge or you'll get wrecked.

1398401822821.gif

The only part of what I said that was written by me was the very last sentence. The res was Louie C.K.

Having them and being sheltered and treated like a child by them when you turn 18 next year are 2 very different things. I like them but they don't have the best parenting skills, though I understand and respect they're trying their best.

I lived in a very sheltered household environment; my parents are both very conservative Southern Baptists, and the rules of the house were not to be broken under any circumstances. No cursing, no going anywhere without getting their permission beforehand, no R-rated movies, PG-13 movies and video games had to be screened by them before we could watch or play them, etc. One time, I invited my friends over to our house without asking my parents first, and they banned me from seeing those friends for the remainder of that summer.

TL;DR, I can empathize with you, to some extent. I don't know anything about your parents and their parenting methods and whatnot, but I was very much of a similar mindset when I was in high school. Once I started acting more mature around them and showing that I was capable of independence, they started easing off. The transition from high school to college helped expedite the process like nobody's business, so that might be a bonus reason to go to college away from home. Haha

My parents definitely had (and still have) their moments, but I still think they did a damn good job of raising me and my sister, and I still love them and respect their wishes. Not to mention they still support me financially; I miss not having to pay for groceries and school supplies and clothes and just about everything except life insurance. You just have to remember that they're acting the way they do because they love you and want what they perceive is best for you. It might not be what you want for yourself, but you should still respect their input and their decisions, especially since you're still living under their roof, and under their rules.

Also, if you expect anyone older than you (a.k.a. just about everyone on the boards) to sympathize or empathize with you saying "fuck parents", you might want to start with a summary of why you're saying that. It might clear up any confusion, and people might be able to speak to you without the tone that pisses you off. Just saying.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic