Emery - You Were Never Alone

I handle all vinyl for pressings BadChristian. I started out as their podcast producer since that's what I do for a living, but it became too much with my actual job. Nick Bunda produces the podcast now and I work with Matt McDonald (The Classic Crime / Vocal Few) and all of the bands who release albums on the label to make sure their pressings don't suck. 

So, if you've hated any of the pressings we've done from a tangible product perspective I'd love to know why. Constructive criticism is always appreciated. Hopefully though, you've liked the variant and jacket choices we've made.

Well this guy was handling the pressing, maybe he has some insight to why nothing has moved on our shipping label.

Yeah this is so stupid. People who didn't even back the album have been getting their vinyl before us. I've had the same tracking for 2 months now. It doesn't help that this album isn't that great anyway. I want to say that the same thing isn't going to happen with The Question that is being released but I guarantee there is going to be hold ups. It's a bummer too because I really want to like these guys as individuals but their business practices are making it pretty hard. I bet our backer vinyl hasn't moved because something hasn't shipped to them and they just haven't said anything about it. Maybe a screw up with how many people ordered test? IDK!

• 4 weeks later...

So I finally got mine in today, it took a couple of emails and a tweet in september to get things moving.

Same artwork, clear w/ black splatter, signed on the front, and numbered on the back. And three of them signed the center label of the test pressing.

who did you email? I emailed badchristian and got no response.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my package about 2 weeks ago and I'm extremely bummed with it all. The test press didn't even come with any kind of screened jacket or anything to even house it in. It was just thrown in a sleeve and put inside the poly bag that the normal vinyl came in. The variant of the normal vinyl was the clear with black splatter which is the same one that people who didn't back the album were getting before any of us. Wasn't the backer vinyl supposed to have a different jacket too? It was the same one as everything else. The whole band didn't even sign the jacket; it has maybe 3 signatures (I don't care about autographs anyways so this really isn't that big of a deal). The year and a half long wait for this was so not worth all the trouble. The way the band handled this was extremely unprofessional and very off putting. I will not be supporting Emery any more unfortunately.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...