PO: Masked Intruder - M.I. (out May 27th)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah, seems to be hit or miss with this release. I actually really dig it. I throw it on quite a bit. Just good fun. But I get what you are saying.

It's not terrible, but the songs I really like are either songs I've heard a ton before live or re recorded. So I don't count those as they weren't "new"

Am I the only one that thinks this one is actually better than the first?

I think they are on par. The first one was way catchier and played into the Masked Intruder aspect/scenario of the band. The second is better lyrically in my opinion. Damn near every song on the first album repeated the first verse after the chorus/solo, and I have always thought that was a major cop out in creativity when bands do it. At least the second album changed it up. It may not have been as cheesy as the first, but I still dig it and view both albums as equally awesome.

I think they're on par.  I mean, this is just more of the same.  The schtick is just a little older and not as fresh.

I will say that "Weirdo" is the worst song they've recorded thus far though.

Weirdo I agree with! I like the whole album minus that song. Reminds me of recent Weezer...and that's not a good thing.