CATS RULE, DOGS DROOL!

Here is a pic of the little stray family that has been hanging out on our back porch. We first noticed they were in our neighbors yard and one day the momma cat was in our backyard so we set out some water for her and gave her a few treats. Her and the kittens have been hanging out in our backyard more and more these days. It's shady back there and we don't have any pets that go outside so it's a nice little oasis for her and her kittens. Every morning you can find the kittens either sleeping or playing with one another and momma pretty much stays in our back yard now except when she goes over to the neighbors to eat. They are so darn cute!! Momma cat is a stray and very protective of her little ones so we can't get close without them running away. When mom is by herself we will go out there and give her a treat so maybe she will learn to not be afraid of us, but for now we enjoy watching them play and sleep. 

Here are 3 of the 4 kitties. Total there are 2 all black, 1 tabby and 1 tortoiseshell. Momma is also a tabby cat. 

closeupkitties.jpg

SLEEPYKITTIESWMOM-1.jpg 

Here is a pic of the little stray family that has been hanging out on our back porch. We first noticed they were in our neighbors yard and one day the momma cat was in our backyard so we set out some water for her and gave her a few treats. Her and the kittens have been hanging out in our backyard more and more these days. It's shady back there and we don't have any pets that go outside so it's a nice little oasis for her and her kittens. Every morning you can find the kittens either sleeping or playing with one another and momma pretty much stays in our back yard now except when she goes over to the neighbors to eat. They are so darn cute!! Momma cat is a stray and very protective of her little ones so we can't get close without them running away. When mom is by herself we will go out there and give her a treat so maybe she will learn to not be afraid of us, but for now we enjoy watching them play and sleep. 

Here are 3 of the 4 kitties. Total there are 2 all black, 1 tabby and 1 tortoiseshell. Momma is also a tabby cat. 

closeupkitties.jpg

SLEEPYKITTIESWMOM-1.jpg

a tortie <3333

Having stray kittens around the house is the worst!!! They like to get up in your car and hide there. The other day I caught two of them in the hood of my car and had to spray them with the water hose just to get them out. I start driving away out of my neighborhood and a little kitten tumbles out the bottom. I see it in my rear view and immediately stop and run towards it. The kitten runs under and up into another car. The owners of the car are out of town for the next three days so we try to get it out with water and food. No luck. 

Long story short we spent two full days trying to get the kitten to come back home to it's momma. It finally came out of the car but was in a concrete ditch that led to a huge green belt behind our neighborhood. It was so close, but couldn't find its way back home and momma couldn't hear her cries. Finally around 11:40 last night after a lot of frustration trying to catch the kitty we decide to try and coax the momma over to the little kitten by crying like a kitten and pretending we have her baby in our hands. She runs after us toward where we know the kitten is hiding. When we get close we meow like the momma until the kitten starts to cry. Momma finally hears her little kitten and goes after it. We were jumping for joy and I cried like a little baby because I was so happy that they were reunited. All of the frustration trying to get the kitten was overwhelming and I couldn't help myself. Happy and exhausted we head home, and about 20 minutes later the momma cat and her four babies are on our front porch safe and sound. It was a freaking nightmare!!!!!

Okay after 4 years of telling my wife no we can't have a cat, we have a cat. I'm severely allergic to cats. I had one for a few years growing up but I stayed away from it for the most part. I got sort of acclimated to it after awhile so it wasn't so bad. My wife's best friend's cousin found a stray kitten the other day and posted on facebook that he had no where for it to go and he couldn't keep it himself. Long story short, Tuesday night at 10:30 we got our first cat. It's a little smaller than my whole hand and it's grey with one little white spot. I have no clue about cats really so this is all new to me. In the last 3 days it has only pooped and peed twice (as far as I know) and has drank a lot of water and a lot of kitty chow. He is already super playful and took to us really well. He got in the shower with me yesterday so I could clean him off and get all the nasty stuff off of him. We decided to name his Stellar because our dachshund is named Isadore after an Incubus song so we decided to keep the trend. Here's a picture of him and her snuggling and one by himself. I'm actually pretty happy to join the cat family!

10464021_10152153951231301_411998636972610487300_10152153994836301_2774296912503

Awwwww... I bet your dog is happy to have such a cute little friend. Living with a cat will help your allergies in the long run. It may be tough at first, and there is some dander spray you can buy to help ease some of the allergy suffering. And just make sure you wash your hands after handling her. That will help too. Best of luck to you guys and your new little addition!

How to buy toys for your cat:

1) Buy toys for yourself

2) Give cat the packaging/trash

I tell my parents not to buy any cat stuff for me, but they've gotten a bed, mice toys, and a scratching post. My cat doesn't touch any of them. She's sleeping in her cardboard box right now; her favorite toys are hair ties and shoelaces (I've tied a hair tie to a shoelace for an epic cat toy). 

yeah it's a boy. you can usually tell just by the way he postures himself and walks around like he's king of the apartment haha.

definitely similar! she's beautiful. i love maine coons. i don't know if i'll ever be able to get another breed. i'm sure my kitty isn't pure bred or anything, but he still has a great personality that from what i've read is common in maine coons. such an attention whore in the best possible way. super cuddly and social--the words "aggressively affectionate" come to mind.

yeah it's a boy. you can usually tell just by the way he postures himself and walks around like he's king of the apartment haha.

definitely similar! she's beautiful. i love maine coons. i don't know if i'll ever be able to get another breed. i'm sure my kitty isn't pure bred or anything, but he still has a great personality that from what i've read is common in maine coons. such an attention whore in the best possible way. super cuddly and social--the words "aggressively affectionate" come to mind.

Yeah man, mine is so similar. My best buddy. I got her when she was about 6 weeks old. The vet had her listed as an American Longhair, which is another name for Maine Coon, but I knew her momma, and she was a shorthair, so I think my kitty is a Domestic Longhair, but definitely has a lot of the attributes you describe. She's pretty large but I dunno about Maine Coon large, but she's definitely bigger than her momma.

Definitely. Though I'd probably adopt an older kitty, because otherwise no one else would do this and they had to spend their whole life in a shelter.

Can't we just adopt them all??! I got my big guy when he was about a year and half and now he's almost 7!

That was definitely a thought though as to getting her an older one, but I think raising a kitten from a young age and to watch it grow and become it's own would be best for her and more fun.

Can't we just adopt them all??! I got my big guy when he was about a year and half and now he's almost 7!

That was definitely a thought though as to getting her an older one, but I think raising a kitten from a young age and to watch it grow and become it's own would be best for her and more fun.

Haha, the rise of the cat lady.

cat-lady.jpeg?w=468&h=387