Online sales of RSD releases

I ordered three RSD items from Reckless and they arrived yesterday open and without shrink wrap in tact.  I emailed them about it and they  responded unapologetically saying that they took these measures to ensure that the albums weren't defective.  I bought the items to give as gifts, so I'm sending them back as I don't want to give an unsealed album as a gift.  Has anyone else experienced this from Reckless?

Yeah. They open some merchandise in store. Usually the last copies of a record. They display the sleeve on the wall and keep the record behind the counter in a used outer sleeve.

The records are probably fine and just not in shrink.

Yeah. They open some merchandise in store. Usually the last copies of a record. They display the sleeve on the wall and keep the record behind the counter in a used outer sleeve.

The records are probably fine and just not in shrink.

If I was buying them for myself I wouldn't really mind so much, but I wish that it was noted since I purchased them for others as gifts.  I found the same titles elsewhere, so I'm just going to buy from them and ship these back to Reckless.

My order went in @ 3:04 on Tuesday and it is listed as paid and fulfilled. I received the email that it was shipped @ 3:12 (pretty quick).

Same thing happened for my other 2 orders from them - all are listed as 'paid' and 'fulfilled' and I received the shipping notification within the hour.

My order was submitted at 3:03 so if yours got fulfilled hopefully mine will too. Eventually. Some day.

When i wentto track through their site two of my items said track and one didnt. Believe the one that doesnt didnt make it. Worth a shot to check or wait for a surprise!

Yeah, that's what mine says as well. But one of the items shows as "Order Received" still.  I am guessing that both of the items with the "Track" next to them went out, but I really have no idea. :D

I ordered three RSD items from Reckless and they arrived yesterday open and without shrink wrap in tact.  I emailed them about it and they  responded unapologetically saying that they took these measures to ensure that the albums weren't defective.  I bought the items to flip on eBay, so I'm sending them back as I don't want to have Paypal claims filed against me.  Has anyone else experienced this from Reckless?

FTFY

Just got both MGMT albums delivered from Reckless.  Both prestine and in shrink wrap.  Pleasantly surprised that these are mastered from the original analog tapes, did not realize this was the case.

Got my 311 S/T from bullmoose today. Makes me wish I bought "Evolver" from them as well instead of another site before bullmoose put their leftovers up. You just never can tell what site will have what after the chaos that is trying to find RSD releases so I had to pull the trigger when I knew I could get it lol