PO: OST - Garden State

Considering what some are willing to pay for a glow-in-the-dark 10" or a 2-track 7" released on RSD, $40 is not that much 

$40 is still far too much money, but I getcha, there were plenty of people paying $40 for that Ghostbusters 10inch, seeing that as a good price. BUT that was much cooler because the music has been readily available on vinyl for 3 decades, had one song in 4 different versions, and was glow in the dark, which everyone knows sounds the best!!! 

I'm sorry but what I read there sounded like a room full of hipsters talking who are "too cool" to like this movie. What a bunch of horseshit. This movie is great, has always been great, & will always be great.

The next person to compare Zach Braff to Tyler Perry is getting throat punched.

lol. There's quite a difference between writing movies that tell a story about your life versus cross dressing in front of a camera for laughs.

I have never seen a Tyler Perry movie, but I'm pretty sure the Madea character is just a comedic foil for the heavy-handed themes of morality in his movies.

The (solitary) Tyler Perry comment is:

lawblog

Zach Braff is the Tyler Perry of angsty white people.

Mar 21, 2011

Which is just a ham-handed way of saying the dude sucks but he knows his audience.

Also, can someone give me a definitive definition of "hipster"? I've heard this movie derogatorily described as "hipster" countless times because it's a pretentious vacuous piece of shit, now apparently thinking it's a badly-made film also makes one a hipster? It's so hard to keep up with our ever-changing language these days.

$40 sucks blah blah blah... I agree that price is nuts just wondering what the licensing is on soundtracks compared to other represses going on these days. Could that contribute to a higher price?

It's very likely. Most releases these days are around $30, so I understand a big soundtrack such as this being $40. Yeah it sucks, but that's just how it is. I'm probably going to go ahead and grab this.

Edit: ok ok ok. I'm going to hold off for now in hopes that this shows up for cheaper. Damn these people for price gouging vinyl. My bank account and I are getting pretty tired of these shenanigans. 

$40 is still far too much money, but I getcha, there were plenty of people paying $40 for that Ghostbusters 10inch, seeing that as a good price. BUT that was much cooler because the music has been readily available on vinyl for 3 decades, had one song in 4 different versions, and was glow in the dark, which everyone knows sounds the best!!!

To be fair there was maybe one person that paid $40 for it and a metric shit ton of weirdos on eBay paying $100+ for it. Just that RSD fever, if it came out in the middle of the summer or fall people would be laughing at the $18-$20 sticker price for a 1 song, 3 remix GITD 10". More importantly it wasn't $40+ at most stores, that's just what the aftermarket has priced it at.

Not trying to play devil's advocate, this Garden State soundtrack has a stupid price tag and I suggest everyone vote with their dollars and not buy this. Just my opinion, if someone thinks it's worth $40 then more power to them and they should let me know if their employer is currently hiring.

I've accepted overpriced RSD releases, special editions and overwrought box sets as part of the subsidy structure that keeps the music industry rolling at this point. I've even begrudgingly embraced pricey remasterings or first pressings because they likely would have never come to market under the conventional pricing structure.

This shit though? A fucking movie soundtrack that's already sold millions of copies going for $40? This might be the moment vinyl finally jumps the shark for me. You can't tell me they're sinking big bucks into sourcing the original recordings for each song and remastering them. It's a straight up cash grab, and it's not for the artists, it's for the label that's pressing this bit of reheated nostalgia.

I loved this soundtrack, but at this price, I'll happily live without it.

If people keep being 'Okay' with these prices, they will keep seeing how far they can milk us. Think about how much the Cake Box Set would have been if these people put it out... $40 for a record... It better be 2xLP and have extras. If not, you are allowing yourself to be milked.

If people keep being 'Okay' with these prices, they will keep seeing how far they can milk us. Think about how much the Cake Box Set would have been if these people put it out... $40 for a record... It better be 2xLP and have extras. If not, you are allowing yourself to be milked.

They're allowing ALL of us to be milked by biting on shit like this. This "well record X went for [insane sum of money] on ebay, so this isn't that bad... I'll pre-order" mentality is causing prices to go up across the board.

If releases like this collect dust at $40, they'll cut the price and hopefully price future releases accordingly. Oh, and still make a tidy profit in the process.

It is a 2xLP.