PO: MASTODON - Once More 'Round The Sun

Guest Secular Haze

We really don't know yet. For the last 3 albums they have put out a 2xLP 45rpm deluxe edition, and a single LP standard edition.

Because this was priced so high I assumed, based on the last 3 releases, that this was the deluxe version and a single LP would also be available. So far there hasn't been any word of a single LP, so this albums vinyl format(s) may be different this time around. Only time will tell.

The double-LP is offered through a couple of vendors on Ebay as well. Similar price ($36.99) to what you found. I have a note out to my LRS to see if they are taking preorders of the 2xLP.

This is the description from the Ebay seller "Ruminationrecords" (I think they are online only?? Can't find a brick & mortar location.)

--

Mastodon - Once More Round the Sun - 2LP

This is a PRE-ORDER for the BRAND NEW Mastodon album, "Once More Round the Sun," being released by Warner Bros. on June 24th. BRAND NEW SEALED.

Double LP, 140-gram black vinyl pressed at Record Industry in a gatefold jacket with insert at Furnace.

AS MENTIONED, THIS IS A PRE-ORDER. All LPs will ship so that you have the LP the week of June 24th. Keep in mind, vinyl records can get delayed so we will update you with any changes to shipping date. All orders should ship around June 20th.

Redundant post for easy comparison---the Warner Music offer:

http://store.warnermusic.com/once-more-round-the-sun-2lp-vinyl.html?intcmp=140428%2Fmastodon%2Fwbr%2Fspl%2Fs_pr%2Fbut%2Fbdy%2Fus%2Foncemoreroundthesun_splash_lp

--

Once More ‘Round The Sun 2LP Vinyl
$69.98
Be the first to review this product

Includes:
- Two 180g LP Vinyl
- Four exclusive lithographs derived from the album artwork
- Album on CD (inside vinyl package)
- All housed in a quadruple gatefold vinyl jacket featuring artwork by Skinner

Digital Content:
- Instant download of “High Road”
- Download of another album song prior to street date
- Download of album on street date

Bundle Includes:
Once More ‘Round The Sun Digital Album
TBD Digital Single
High Road Digital Single
Once More ‘Round The Sun Deluxe Vinyl
Release Date: June 24, 2014

It's a shame that this band has become the stoner metal version of Kiss. I met them after a show back in 2009 and got all my stuff signed for free in 10 seconds. I can probably get a grand on EBay for all the stuff I have. They used to be a very fan friendly band but lately it's all been a huge money grab. I understand everyone needs to make a living but I think they're doing just fine without the need to gouge the fans.

$70 for a double vinyl is laughable.

It's a shame that this band has become the stoner metal version of Kiss. I met them after a show back in 2009 and got all my stuff signed for free in 10 seconds. I can probably get a grand on EBay for all the stuff I have. They used to be a very fan friendly band but lately it's all been a huge money grab. I understand everyone needs to make a living but I think they're doing just fine without the need to gouge the fans.

$70 for a double vinyl is laughable.

Guess they need to charge $70 to pay off those medical bills from the tour bus crash.....

At the show i was at last week they really didnt engage the audience too much. They hammered through the set and played really well but there was no real talking in between songs. Some people like that an some people dont. At the end the drummer came up to the mic and said thanks for coming etc etc and that was it.

I dont know if that is just how they do it anymore but in times past they seemed to be a bit more engaged.

Also saw a ton of people dropping 60 bucks on the autographed vinyl so people must not care about the price...

Here you have two options with descriptions, both 2xLP:

http://store.warnermusic.com/once-more-round-the-sun-2lp-vinyl.html

http://store.warnermusic.com/once-more-round-the-sun-2lp-vinyl-580254.html

Prepare yourself - next time deluxe 2xLP will be $140 and standard 2xLP $70.

Don't say you weren't warned.

Thanks for the heads up, but at this point I don't even care anymore.

My friend's thoughts on new Mastodon:

"glad the drummer stopped doing drum solos to better showcase his piercing girl vocals""

"this is like the new wave of Dormcore metal"

"every dorm room is rocking the fuck out right now to this catchy gay track"

"The Soundtrack to a Thousand Circlejerks"

Said frat bros are calling track gay.

My friend's thoughts on new Mastodon:

"glad the drummer stopped doing drum solos to better showcase his piercing girl vocals""

"this is like the new wave of Dormcore metal"

"every dorm room is rocking the fuck out right now to this catchy gay track"

"The Soundtrack to a Thousand Circlejerks"

Your friend is a douche-bag