PO: Jack White - Lazaretto -- "Ultra LP"

do you know how vinyl works? they mastered it on metal plates, then they use the plates to make stampers, which get pressed into the vinyl. the same plates are being used for the color AND black versions of the record. the etchings that make the angel hologram will be present on the colored vinyl too. whether or not you can see it will depend. i assume if the lighting is right, it's possible. but if you just want to get rid of the record because you can't see the angel hologram, you're ridiculous.

Calm the fuck down LOL

the only thing the third man crosley is perfect for, is being a giant paperweight or breaking a window. 

true. i don't even own one, but i did unfortunately purchase a pair of those "Amplitone" headphones, and holy Christ on a cracker. not only are they terribly uncomfortable, but they sound downright BAD. $35+ down the drain.

that said, i'm glad i ordered the Vault package, although i'm debating on ordering a black one to fiddle around with so that the fancy Vault variant can remain pristine...

I like the fact that they're finding different things to do with a format that's as old as records are. Why not have some fun with it? Especially if it's not really increasing the price by much. At least it's functional unlike some of the gimmicky "let's toss stuff into the vinyl and see what happens" releases that have come out recently (coffee, blood, yarn...).

Everyone of these things have been done before though. Nothing new at all.

hi there i see you've never met dreamover

derrick, i was calm. he was asking the same stupid question over and over and complaining about how he's gotta sell the colored vinyl. i explained how they are both the same because he wasn't getting it. i explain things logically so even an idiot can understand. if he felt i was talking down to him, it's because it was already explained a bunch. i actually wasn't trying to be mean. 

that said, i'm glad i ordered the Vault package, although i'm debating on ordering a black one to fiddle around with so that the fancy Vault variant can remain pristine...

Isn't that what they are banking on?

Everyone of these things have been done before though. Nothing new at all.

the floating hologram hasn't been done and the double groove that both into into the same song hasn't been done to my knowledge. i can't think of any LP that has done all of these things either. 

honestly, i'd like to have just a regular copy for listening. but other than starting one side from the center, you can completely ignore all the other stuff if you want and none of it affects sound quality. it's going to have components that are new, cool, and exciting to a lot of people, and they're gonna sell a shit load of copies. at the end of the day, third man is a business that is coming up with creative ways to increase record sales in an age where sales are in decline. more power to them for creating more buzz for the vinyl format. 

the floating hologram hasn't been done and the double groove that both into into the same song hasn't been done to my knowledge. i can't think of any LP that has done all of these things either. 

I do believe I remember reading a thread the other day that listed a Fucked Up 7" doing the two alternate intros into one song. But I could be wrong.