PO: Real Friends - Maybe This Place is the Same and We're Just Changing

So this leaked and since I'm up early with little to do, I downloaded it and just finished my first and probably only full listen. A few things:

Dan's "yelling" vocals are awful. He sounds like mud.

The vocal melodies weren't as awful as I'd have expected. It's just the lyrics that are god-awful this time.

Instrumentally, they will never be close to anything special. I don't know why that deserves to be mentioned, as I'm pretty sure people already knew that by now. 

Pretty sad that this album will be on a lot of people's top 10 list this year. Maybe not here, but on Tumblr and elsewhere. Kids will eat up these "relatable" lyrics. I'm more pissed off than I should be after listening to this. Kyle (the lyricist) probably thinks he's this emotional and deep guy. Fuck that. It's a shame that these guys went in the direction that they did. It's a shame that pop-punk is going in the direction that it is. It's a shame that I'm not still asleep right now. Oh well.

So this leaked and since I'm up early with little to do, I downloaded it and just finished my first and probably only full listen. A few things:

The vocal melodies weren't as awful as I'd have expected. It's just the lyrics that are god-awful this time.

Instrumentally, they will never be close to anything special. I don't know why that deserves to be mentioned, as I'm pretty sure people already knew that by now.

Pretty sad that this album will be on a lot of people's top 10 list this year. Maybe not here, but on Tumblr and elsewhere. Kids will eat up these "relatable" lyrics. I'm more pissed off than I should be after listening to this. Kyle (the lyricist) probably thinks he's this emotional and deep guy. Fuck that. It's a shame that these guys went in the direction that they did. It's a shame that pop-punk is going in the direction that it is. It's a shame that I'm not still asleep right now. Oh well.

I agree with every bit of this. I've never seen a band try so hard to try to come off as genuine but it all just seems so forced and fake.

I agree completely. However, I don't find the album as bad as others seem to think it is. Sure, it's no higher than a 6.5/10, but that's kind of what I expected. There are a couple pretty solid tracks on here: notably, "I Don't Love You Anymore," "Summer," and "...And We're Just Changing." Definitely worth the $10.50 from Interpunk.

Doing the same album 3 times in a row DOES make it lackluster. Why does it seem all pop punk bands can't differentiate on their next album so it seems "slightly" different.

my friends and i split the cost of the four pack to save on shipping and it came in yesterday.

all of the variants look awesome, but i think the half white half bronze looks the best

i chose the clear with bronze splatter thinking it would actually be bronze.... but it should definitely be called diarrhea splatter, do not buy this variant.

I used to be pretty heavy into pop punk and musically and thematically its like RF is painting by numbers.

absolutely. I'm trying to give these guys a chance but I can't get into this album at all. I typically tend to avoid being a jerk in any form, but it's irritating how fake this album comes off as. I can't help but feel like the album is poking fun at the genre.

my friends and i split the cost of the four pack to save on shipping and it came in yesterday.

all of the variants look awesome, but i think the half white half bronze looks the best

i chose the clear with bronze splatter thinking it would actually be bronze.... but it should definitely be called diarrhea splatter, do not buy this variant.

If you hold it up to the light it's definitely bronze. At least mine is anyway.