Impulse buys that turned out great/bad.

Bought Faith No More's Introduce Yourself on Yellow vinyl,because the cover was cool, I'm a sucker for colored vinyl, and I like FNMs Real Thing. After giving it a listen a couple times, it turned out to be one of my favorite albums, and IMO I like Chuck Mosley's vocal style more than Patton's.

*inhales*

Anberlin - Cities (when it came out on cd)

Appleseed Cast - Illumination Ritual

Both CFCF albums

Caspian - Waking Season

Ducktails - Wish Hotel

Fleet Foxes - s/t

Gardens & Villa - Dunes

Here We Go Magic - A Different Ship

Indians - Somewhere Else

JT Daly - Memory

Kishi Bashi's trio of singles

Little Tybee - For Distant Viewing

Both Lowercase Noises EPs

Lord Huron - Lonesome Dreams

Mark McGuire - Along The Way

Pretty much all Miles Davis albums, Prestige/Columbia era

Moving Mountains - s/t

S. Carey - Range Of Light

She Sir - Go Guitar

Shy, Low 12"

Son Lux - Lanterns

Sleeping At Last's album

Stars - The North

States - Paradigm

Toro y Moi - Anything In Return

Vetiver - The Errant Charm

Washed Out - Within And Without

White Denim - Corsicana Lemonade

And pretty much every jazz release I've bought. If I like the artist, the interest is there.

*exhales, passes out*

I buy too much music blindly..

edit: i really like all said albums

It might be weird to some, but other than the obvious favorites and new releases that I'm anticipating, one of the main reasons I listen to records is because I love blindly buying an album and forming my opinions based on that rather than a digital version. Recently, I've bought Primal Scream - Screamadelica, based purely on the fact that it was a staff pick, and I bought Because the Internet by Childish Gambino because of the hype surrounding it, and I love both of them.

First Aid Kit- The Lion's Roar was a pretty rewarding impulse buy. Washed Out- Within and Without... not so much. I enjoyed the embossed cover and liked the suggestive artwork but as far as the music went, well... I resold it a month later. A big one for me was Anberlin's Cities (on cd)- more specifically because of the ender 'Fin'. I liked the title, artwork and said why not. I've heard that most of it is improvised, that track is amazing, worth the price of the album alone.

Bought the new hotelier album just on the hype and I have probably spun that more than any other record I have. Some others were The Lawrence Arms "Ghost Stories" and "Guided Tour of Chicago" which I bought on a impulse and I was not disappointed.

The last was the Citizen/Turnover split. I got it at Bled Fest 2012 after seeing them play there last song which was "Drown", I loved it so I picked up the 7" and I have loved them ever since

Fat Music For Fat People when i was 15.   saw the cd in the record store and grabbed it along with a few other comps.  FMFFP is what turned me onto punk music

Similar here. First punk rock record I bought was the Super Seven Sampler (because I saw "NO FX" on the cover and I had enjoyed TAGWL) and it introduced me to a sort of music I hadn't heard before. That comp and Ribbed are probably tied for most times played on my table.