Brand New - Deja Entendu

It means that the people in my local stores talk down/ignore me until I start talking about stuff and display I know my shit while they address every other merry jackass who walks in the store. That's the difference :P

Hey you know what? Fuck those douches. You're 15, you like vinyl, and based on your avatar/picture/whateverYouKidsCallitNowadays, you like good music. They're probably just jealous that when they were 15 they were too busy jerking it to notice music. Much less formats. 

It means that the people in my local stores talk down/ignore me until I start talking about stuff and display I know my shit while they address every other merry jackass who walks in the store. That's the difference :P

It's a Brand New lyric...  I wasn't really asking. Keep your head up though! go get em', champ.

It's a Brand New lyric...  I wasn't really asking. Keep your head up though! go get em', champ.

Hey you know what? Fuck those douches. You're 15, you like vinyl, and based on your avatar/picture/whateverYouKidsCallitNowadays, you like good music. They're probably just jealous that when they were 15 they were too busy jerking it to notice music. Much less formats. 

Haha, there's plenty of cool workers in town, but there's a fair share of douches :P

What difference does this difference in age make?

I know how it ends

KILL ME QUICK

FowtyDollaz, on 13 May 2015 - 8:00 PM, said:snapback.png

I'll accept this and promptly give a "thank you", though it was not directed at me.

They're probably just jealous that when they were 15 they were too busy jerking it to notice music. Much less formats. 

Yeah and what of it, I had to explore my changing bod  :P jk, too many tears as that was the age I kept 'Stay What You Are' and 'The Places I Have Come To Fear the Most' on infinite repeat. 

Yeah and what of it, I had to explore my changing bod  :P jk, too many tears as that was the age I kept 'Stay What You Are' and 'The Places I Have Come To Fear the Most' on infinite repeat. 

Hey. Fair enough. I was listening to AFI, Alkaline Trio, Joy Division, and Brand New CDs when I was 15. I don't judge, just saying. ;)

My record shelf has everything minus country and jazz. I have all kinds of other stuff, and some that's pretty hard to find/expensive. Mainly a punk/metal/grunge/whateverthehell Circa Survive is kind of guy.

Hey. Fair enough. I was listening to AFI, Alkaline Trio, Joy Division, and Brand New CDs when I was 15. I don't judge, just saying. ;)

I love hearing people's paths in music and seeing whats stuck with them over the years. I didn't appreciate Brand New (or me) until Deja, but I had seen them touring YFW with Rufio and TBS. Joy Division was really like a 5 year ago thing for me before I saw what was what, I had no ideaaaa! ALK3 though forever. I have a strong bias for their new music having been such a fanboy over the years. And now that Matt Skiba was doing the Blink thing. OMG thats enough to make 15 year old me's head feckin' 'splode!

As long as someone is fun to talk to/hang out with, I really don't care how old they are. I have lots of older friends as well as some younger ones. I have over 150 LPs, all of which are self funded, so I'm not some little kid who's mommy paid for everything. I earn my own money to pay for my own hobby. 

Yeah, me too. I have a job that funds THE HOBBY. Obviously nothing that pays too well, and as such, I have just under 100 records in my collection.

I love hearing people's paths in music and seeing whats stuck with them over the years. I didn't appreciate Brand New (or me) until Deja, but I had seen them touring YFW with Rufio and TBS. Joy Division was really like a 5 year ago thing for me before I saw what was what, I had no ideaaaa! ALK3 though forever. I have a strong bias for their new music having been such a fanboy over the years. And now that Matt Skiba was doing the Blink thing. OMG thats enough to make 15 year old me's head feckin' 'splode!

Yeah, the Blink news was amazing! After getting into records and getting on the boards I've discovered all kinds of new music and learned to appreciate lots of new music. Used to basically just listen to what was on in my dad's car (he's big into music). Now I mostly listen to stuff he hates, but don't all teens? I've been on a death metal kick lately. Death needs to RP The Sound of Perseverance 

Brand New was ever-present in my life, but I don't think I had a deep appreciation until TDAG.

Joy Division was there since the moment I first heard them. I still cannot get enough Joy Division. Not only is the music good, but a lot of it carries deep sentimental attachment.

AFI, well, AFI was the 1st band I ever heard perform live (since I was old enough to appreciate music) and I stayed hooked on them till Decemberunderground. Even after all those years and an ever growing de-preciation of them, I still love em and own every release.

ALK3 was and will remain one of my favorite bands of all time. I don't what it is exactly, whether nostalgia or something deeper, but Goddamnit remains my favorite album from them, but none have ACTUALLY disappointed me. I even love Heavens. A lot. 

I don't care one way or the other for Skiba in Blink, but if it helps make money, good for him!

i have a nice bass.. fender precision.. but i have severe GAS and i always end up buying records instead of aesthetic gear that i really want/sometimes need

Hey Zeb, are you super in to Coheed, have blondish hair and glasses? Just trying to see if you are a person I've seen about the world.