Read that name and thought of Danny Glover. Confused the hell out of me.

For a second I thought "I hope they don't cast a black spiderman. I just don't want to hear the shitstorm it will create." On further thought, it would be a good move. After 2 recent franchises that essentially told the same storylines with just some different villians swapped in and out, being innovative with the character is really needed. Not that casting a black actor guarantees innovation, but it shows a willingness to stray from the standard hollywood interpretations.

Read that name and thought of Danny Glover. Confused the hell out of me.

For a second I thought "I hope they don't cast a black spiderman. I just don't want to hear the shitstorm it will create." On further thought, it would be a good move. After 2 recent franchises that essentially told the same storylines with just some different villians swapped in and out, being innovative with the character is really needed. Not that casting a black actor guarantees innovation, but it shows a willingness to stray from the standard hollywood interpretations.

IMHO characters should keep their nationalities the same. There are enough AA superheroes without forcing one to fill a quota per say. Like with the new FF, why did Johnny Storm need to be a black actor? Along with why did they feel the need to not make him and Sue twins? Or make Reed Richards young? I don't get it.

I know it's the wrong thread but Superman has the same issues -- keep coming back to Luthor over and over while ignoring DarkSeid, Doomsday, Bizzaro, and other characters who provide a much more comparable adversary to Supes.

So many things that are going wrong with that movie universe. Starting with not connecting the tv shows to the movies. Flash and Arrow are fantastic. Why not include them instead of recasting?

Should have clarified I meant this. Whoops.

Lol it's all good. If they do Miles, it should be Donald

IMHO characters should keep their nationalities the same. There are enough AA superheroes without forcing one to fill a quota per say. Like with the new FF, why did Johnny Storm need to be a black actor? Along with why did they feel the need to not make him and Sue twins? Or make Reed Richards young? I don't get it.

And MCD as Kingpin.

The more I think about the bigger picture, the most supportive I am of all of this. Comic book movies are feeling saturated. They've done some really cool stuff going with some B characters (by hollywood standards -- not to say that Thor or Iron Man aren't well known, but they aren't The Hulk / X-Men / Spidey) to the point that they feel like A characters now. Either put Spidey on the shelf for a while (won't happen cause of $) or change things up.

If you say "what's the point of making Johnny black -- make a FF movie without Dr. Doom being the villian" I'd be with you there. I don't know, FF kinda suck regardless of what they do.

And MCD as Kingpin.

The more I think about the bigger picture, the most supportive I am of all of this. Comic book movies are feeling saturated. They've done some really cool stuff going with some B characters (by hollywood standards -- not to say that Thor or Iron Man aren't well known, but they aren't The Hulk / X-Men / Spidey) to the point that they feel like A characters now. Either put Spidey on the shelf for a while (won't happen cause of $) or change things up.

If you say "what's the point of making Johnny black -- make a FF movie without Dr. Doom being the villian" I'd be with you there. I don't know, FF kinda suck regardless of what they do.

I fully agree! You have to dig deeper. Marvel took a risk on GOTG and got the highest grossing movie so far.

So many things that are going wrong with that movie universe. Starting with not connecting the tv shows to the movies. Flash and Arrow are fantastic. Why not include them instead of recasting?

Lol it's all good. If they do Miles, it should be Donald

Brandon Routh going to play the Atom next to Henry Cavill? He seems to have a good attitude and they could have some fun with it.

I don't think it works that well. Arrow may have opened the door to "meta-humans" but they still keep things sort-of grounded near reality. Having that Arrow interpretation next to a fully powered Superman doesn't seem to fit. It would be like Hawkeye in the Avengers movie next to the Hulk. Seems like it would bring down Arrow, not elevate the Justice League stuff.

Article about a Sony leak about how a guy pitched an idea about making Spider Man - "really into working out and Skrillex, plus having “him” create a “very buzzworthy and cool” Snapchat “circle”"

http://defamer.gawker.com/some-tech-asshole-pitched-sony-on-turning-spiderman-int-1699831682/+charliejane

Worth a read just for the reassurance that this didn't happen

Article about a Sony leak about how a guy pitched an idea about making Spider Man - "really into working out and Skrillex, plus having “him” create a “very buzzworthy and cool” Snapchat “circle”"

http://defamer.gawker.com/some-tech-asshole-pitched-sony-on-turning-spiderman-int-1699831682/+charliejane

Worth a read just for the reassurance that this didn't happen

This isn't surprising. Outside of Playstation, Sony is shit