World Cup 2014 Discussion

Out of interest, what was the Americans view on the whole Beckham stint over there? Did it help bring the game into the spotlight anymore?

I know over here we heard more about the MLS than ever before so clearly increased the global interest.

Obviously there was some interest but it wasn't monumental or anything. LA is one of those teams I can't stand because they are an LA team and have the ability to buy anyone. Ironic coming from a United fan but still ;)

Two AMAZING games tomorrow!

Columbia looks the they'll be the ones to end Brazil's run. Maybe we'll finally see Brazil at there best? Hope so!

France v Germany is going to be great except HUGE BUMMER that one of them has to lose so early.

Honestly like all 4 teams in these match ups! Just hope the games live up to the hype.

Predictions:

3-2 Columbia

1-1 Germany (penalties)

This ref is clearly scared of getting killed if Brazil lose. They're kicking lumps out of Rodriguez and still no cards... if you're getting kicked all game  and nothing is coming of it, then you're gonna end up rolling about hoping the ref finally fucking realises. The two brazil players 5 yards in front of the line for Colombia's fk outside the box summed the ref up perfectly, literally could not care less.