Discussion Regarding Posting Guidelines/Ground Rules

This thread is at least a little bit laughable. You have people in here who used multiple slurs in one post and people who knowingly tried to interfere with one's personal/professional relationships yet faced no consequence in here telling people how they're supposed to act. Not to mention all of those who downvoted people because one person made it known that they didn't like them, and the guy who made fun of me for standing up for that individual.

This must have been before my time here I guess.

Does this really need to happen now? Does the fight that's about to start really have to happen?

I'm not about to argue, I just had to put it out there that there is some hypocrisy that shows that while some people may agree on these, they can't necessarily be counted on to practice the rules set based on their own words. 

In Billy's example someone took issue with something here and then proceeded to use Facebook or text messages (not necessarily both, I just can't remember) to take action against someone. Something along those lines. 

As egregious as something like that is seems like it would have to be settled personally. I have no idea how you police shit that occurs outside the boards between members or create rules that solve for that scenario.

This thread is at least a little bit laughable. You have people in here who used multiple slurs in one post and people who knowingly tried to interfere with one's personal/professional relationships yet faced no consequence in here telling people how they're supposed to act. Not to mention all of those who downvoted people because one person made it known that they didn't like them, and the guy who made fun of me for standing up for that individual.

How about this? Fuck you, and fuck mattsteelenj.

Man, that felt GOOD.

I'm not about to argue, I just had to put it out there that there is some hypocrisy that shows that while some people may agree on these, they can't necessarily be counted on to practice the rules set based on their own words. 

The nice thing is...they don't have to follow the rules once they're set down, but they'll get the same punishment they've put down since they're not the ones enforcing it.

no pretty sure you were around...but as dig deeper.

it was the man advice thread..hence the lock. shit got weird.

Ah. I don't go in there, that's why. I know what it's about now though.

I understand. I just know it was something of a volatile situation involving passionate users and didn't want to see it blow up again after things had seemed to have worked themselves out. 

edit: welp.

no no no no no. if you want to discuss it, KEEP IT CIVIL. no 'fuck you'-ing of people in my thread!

I said what I meant, and meant what I said.

Just report my post, maybe I will get banned.

i think it's important to realize that none of us are without blame for everything that's transpired here. we cannot change what punishments were previously dealt or how things were handled BUT this is to help us move forward and determine what is appropriate for the future. once the rules are in place, everyone will be dealt with fairly and accordingly.

i think it's important to realize that none of us are without blame for everything that's transpired here. we cannot change what punishments were previously dealt or how things were handled BUT this is to help us move forward and determine what is appropriate for the future. once the rules are in place, everyone will be dealt with fairly and accordingly.

I'd upvote you if I weren't already out.

I "liked" this place better when you could post whatever you wanted without worrying about the baby patrol whining about it...

Whatever, I don't expect anyone to get it.