PO: Ty Segall-Manipulator 2xlp

Just got this record from Dave's Records in Chicago, and it's great. One thing that seemed shitty to me was that the store only had copies partially sealed, since I asked if I could get a sealed copy when he handed me one that wasn't, meaning they opened to check the color of the records, probably to sell off the red copies on the internet. Hopefully that wasn't the case and instead they were helping customers out, but since they gouge on prices over there, it wouldn't surprise me.

I've actually gotten some pretty good prices at Dave's.

Really? The last two times I was there, everything that he had there was priced $5 or $6 more than I have seen it at Reckless, maybe it just depends. I bought Clarity by Jimmy Eat World on impulse and it ended up being $9 more than on SRC. His selection is awesome, though.

Everything I've gotten there has been pretty much standard price. They had a shitload of copies of ISIS - Celestial in 2010 and he only charged me about 22 plus tax which was great because that press and all presses were out of print at the time and there were a bunch on the shelf behind the counter. I bought a Skull Defekts record for about 20 plus tax which was standard. I've seen a few other records there that I wanted for prices that were more than fair but I simply refrained from over splurging.

Maybe the more in demand stuff gets priced up more than the slightly more obscure stuff that I was looking at.

Does anyone have any experience dealing with Drag City on the costumer service end of things? I got word that my record shipped on August 20th and still haven't received it. I've emailed them twice and have heard nothing. Kinda at a loss on what to do next, here. I'm a little stunned they haven't gotten back to me. I mean, come on. That's beyond shitty.