[PO] MASTODON - Remission DELUXE REISSUE BOXSET

Guest Secular Haze

• 1 month later...

Got mine today and yes IMO it's a big improvement. Mainly because it actually sounds decent at last. It's also the only vinyl copy I've had which doesn't suffer from clipping/distortion. I've got a purple (2010) and recent black and both sound pretty bad and are quite fatiguing to listen to as the high end is too harsh and distorted.

The mix isn't entirely different (not a re-imagination or anything - which is a good thing as the original characteristics of the album are still there), it just sounds clearer and a little more spacious. Defintely sounds like an audiophile version of this great album and is probably the best it'll ever sound.

Also, it's one of the best piratespress/GZ vinyl I own. Both lps are flat and super quiet.

BTW, listening to the CD right now and it sounds really good too (and the embossed cover is sublime, it's high gloss heaven!).

Yep. I emailed Relapse and they've been extremely kind & professional about it.

Said they would ship me a Remission slipmat right away and i could keep the other one.

I <3 Relapse!

lucky duck! I wanted one of those Leprosy slip mats super badly, but couldn't justify the box set!

Got mine in Monday and I'll echo what everyone else is saying about the records. They look great/the box looks great/and the records sound great! Only problem on my end was my box being pretty banged up. The mailer had a huge rip in it so I was kind of expecting it. I emailed Relapse to see if they held on to any extras but haven't heard back unfortunately..