PO: DAVID BAZAN Monthly

New song from the other night, not sure if this will be included in the series or not but probably. He played 2 other ones that were way better than this in my opinion, however I was too busy watching rather than filming.

August songs available today. "Nobody's Perfect" is the song from the video above. I'm loving the stripped back production, electronics, and semi-drum-machine-driven feel of all of these tracks so far. Sort of a best-of of attributes from Headphones and the solo EP combined with the writing quality of the solo LPs.

August songs available today. "Nobody's Perfect" is the song from the video above. I'm loving the stripped back production, electronics, and semi-drum-machine-driven feel of all of these tracks so far. Sort of a best-of of attributes from Headphones and the solo EP combined with the writing quality of the solo LPs.

Yeah I'm diggin' the electronic production/delayed vocals. I think I like the second song more though. So good.

• 1 month later...

September songs available now. Very atmospheric. All of the songs flow very well together so far, and I love the format of two new songs every month. I've forgotten every time and been pleasantly surprised to get the email or see the update on Facebook when new songs are out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I saw him in Atlanta last night with the Passenger String Quartet and he said he doesn't want to "fuck the early adopters in the butt" and probably won't release a compiled LP at the end. So if you want these you should get 'em now.

He also said he's going to start touring less so that he can be home with his family and will do more of the monthlies to give a total of 30 new songs (two more volumes). As a side-note, he said that he actually writes and records these songs monthly, which I thought was neat. So we get them as fast as he makes them (also explains the lag in the vinyl pressing to the digital release). He'll be mastering the last two songs of volume 1 with TW Walsh on Halloween for the November 1st deadline.

All of this came directly from him at the show during his notorious Q&A breaks.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw him in Atlanta last night with the Passenger String Quartet and he said he doesn't want to "fuck the early adopters in the butt" and probably won't release a compiled LP at the end. So if you want these you should get 'em now.

He also said he's going to start touring less so that he can be home with his family and will do more of the monthlies to give a total of 30 new songs (two more volumes). As a side-note, he said that he actually writes and records these songs monthly, which I thought was neat. So we get them as fast as he makes them (also explains the lag in the vinyl pressing to the digital release). He'll be mastering the last two songs of volume 1 with TW Walsh on Halloween for the November 1st deadline.

All of this came directly from him at the show during his notorious Q&A breaks.

does he have any vinyl at the shows?

Gah. I'm an impulsive sucker. Didn't see this thread til today, didn't listen to Bazan until about a month and a half ago, and here I am about to order this thing because these songs are just. Mm. Marvelous. This guy really has hardly any bad or weak songs.

Man I wish I could go back and experience getting into Bazan/Pedro for the first time again. They have one of the most rewarding discographies. Every album is great for different reasons and like you said there aren't really any skippable songs.

Man I wish I could go back and experience getting into Bazan/Pedro for the first time again. They have one of the most rewarding discographies. Every album is great for different reasons and like you said there aren't really any skippable songs.

Still haven't heard any Pedro, I might be sinning on that one. Started on Headphones because a friend was looking for the LP, loved it, then learned he did all this other solo stuff, and I'm so stuck on Curse Your Branches, although his EP is quite good, and then this happened. Wasn't planning on spending 50 bucks on 7 inches! I hate 7 inches usually but in this case it seems worth it, if he's truly not gonna make an LP outta these like he said.