MAYANS MC (fka as Sons of Anarchy Final Season Thread (**Possible Spoilers**) Thread)

Wow, most recent episode was pretty incredible, except I'm bummed because I know this isn't going to end well for Jax.  Gemma owned up to her actions and it looks like Jax is doing the same; which may be a theme, as Juice owned up to his.  The scene with Juice may be one of my top five favorite moments in television this year.  "Just...let me finish my pie."

I'm thinking Jax understands that the other charters are going to vote for him to meet Mr Mayhem, so he's on like, a suicide run. None of the deaths last night made me sad, so much as I was mad that Unser died from something other than his cancer. 

In the episode, Gemma said that Tara died "a few months back," but that's obviously not true. In the season premiere, it had been a week - and I think it really has only been a couple of days (definitely more than three, because Bobby was held by Marks for at least three). This story arc wouldn't make any fucking sense at all if it moved at a pace any slower than this, because if anyone actually stopped to think, none of this would have happened. 

Good point about bobby being 3 days. I would say this has to be a few weeks worth of time. How fast things happened and snowballed doesnt seem to plausable for a 3 day period. You see people like jax and gemma coming home for the night almost every episode so that alone makes it not plausable.

Yeah, considering how many "Jax going to bed during a montage" scenes we've had (fewer than previous seasons, at least), I'd say it's been like a week and a half. Shit's been rolling pretty quickly since Bobby died, though - I think Abel told Jax about Gemma either only one or two days after that. 

Oh dear. i'm loathe to rely on cliches or worn-out memes, but ain't nobody got time for 3 hours of TV, let alone club meetings, "shit went down with ____, or "is everyone whole?" i know it's the last one, but there's not much left to wrap up at this point.

I am cool with that ending/last episode.  There were like 3 big outcomes I could have seen unfolding with this last episode, this was kind of one of them. As soon as he took out unser and gemma last episode you could tell he was not getting out of this.  being able to set up the club and kind of free them from alot of the shit he got them into and set his family free to start anew and get away was more important than his own life. 

part of me was hoping that when he said his final goodbyes he was going to just slip away into the sunset and never come back though.  maybe that is my ultimate desire for jax to always get out like he wanted.

i guess two are kind of the same.  part of me thought when he was "hunting" these people he might get taken out, or choose to get taken out to take all of the fall and leave the rest of the MC out of it.  the other was more along the lines of the true ending.  also thought he would have that get away feature. get the MC to cover for him or fake his death somehow and he could sneak away.   i had this image of him showing up at neros house and seeing his boys/wendy again and kind of deciding to get out and have the life that he wanted.   the third i thought maybe the MC would take him out and give him a peaceful ending.   

somewhat unrelated Suter is struggling in this anarchy afterwords.  he seems to be bummed that he is talking about the end of this show and just fumbling all over himself.

good point. wasnt sure if that was a serious comment or not.  he did bring up  an interesting point about jax and JT both meeting their demise on the road and being hit by a vehicle.  i dont know if i am missing it but was it ever officially said as how/why JT died.  i know gemma and clay had a back in forth about him not "finding out what really happened" but cant remember if it was actually divulged or not. 

I think it was explained at one point that JT crashed into a semi and caused an accident. Jax did the very same.

Terrible CGI in that last scene really threw me off. Fuck.

Edit: For all the terrible lines Jax has had in this show, he had some pretty good ones this season. I really liked, "A good father and a good outlaw cannot settle in the same man" during his monologue to the JT-rock.

I think it was explained at one point that JT crashed into a semi and caused an accident. Jax did the very same.

Terrible CGI in that last scene really threw me off. Fuck.

Yeah that was bad.

Interesting theory online

"I finally got the homeless ladies part, she died in the accident that John Teller caused when he died, she lost her family, she was there when Tara died, before gemma died and told Jax it's time before he died, she came back,the meaning was almost the same like the movie crow it seemed, to see them die, that bread in the end the crow was eating was the same bread she was eating when she told Jax it's time, she was the reaper"

Ending was meh, as was this entire season. Watchable, but altogether very mediocre.

I turned anarchy afterword off five minutes in. Sutter and Hunnam awkwardly, pretentiously and ineffectively trying to express how their evolution and progression as artistes throughout the years on the show, was painful to listen to. You would think the way they were talking about themselves that they cured cancer or some shit. Just terrible.

I rather liked the ending. It was fitting to how it all unfolded and seemed like one of very few possible outcomes. As was mentioned already, ride off into the sunset and be gone in hiding a la Dexter, truly meet Mr. Mayhem, or just end it all himself. As things were going w/ Jax tying loose end with killing all the people that rained the violence on Charming, it was obvious that it'd be a drastic ending.

As for JT killing himself. When Jury and Jax were standing-off to each other, Jury told him so that it was suicide. This whole time it was thought that Clay had sabotaged JT's motorcycle, but according to Jury, JT knew that bike inside and out and would know if something was off.

I left the episode recording so didn't watch the Afterword.

I rather liked the ending. It was fitting to how it all unfolded and seemed like one of very few possible outcomes. As was mentioned already, ride off into the sunset and be gone in hiding a la Dexter, truly meet Mr. Mayhem, or just end it all himself. As things were going w/ Jax tying loose end with killing all the people that rained the violence on Charming, it was obvious that it'd be a drastic ending.

As for JT killing himself. When Jury and Jax were standing-off to each other, Jury told him so that it was suicide. This whole time it was thought that Clay had sabotaged JT's motorcycle, but according to Jury, JT knew that bike inside and out and would know if something was off.

I left the episode recording so didn't watch the Afterword.

Yep, so he truly ended up being his father's son.  

I actually enjoyed the ending far more than I anticipated.  It was very sad watching all of the goodbyes.  Maybe I'm speaking for myself only here, but I think fans of this show developed a bond/connection with a lot of these characters over the years which made last night's finale particularly hard to watch.

Some of the most shocking aspects to me were the number of characters who actually survived.  I never thought Tig or Nero would make it to the end of the series and I'm certainly glad they did.