OUT NOW: Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Repress

I don't know how many man-hours worth of pay I have given to C&C, but the scary thought of even considering calculating it will not stop me from buying all 3 of these variants at $40 a pop nor will it deter me in the future from spending insane dollar amounts on things that I already have (every comic variant/ TPB of all those variants/ toys/ posters/ teeshirts/ movie tickets--one day). Even though I would (likely) never spend $40 on any other band's 2LP. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I may have a problem worth seeking counseling over, but until I am threatened with divorce/ foreclosure I am going to keep on keeping on.

Why would we have to wait until 10/21 for auto-rip, if it was the version already available?

I just figure if there was a new digital file being made available, then they would have had preorders for that too...don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I DON'T want it, i-want-md.png it badly.

SRC is always my last resort or sale place of purchase, but thanks for the info! Some people love SRC.

Since the SRC listing specifically calls out "Record Label: Sony Legacy" (and not Evil Ink Records), I want to bump this post:

Columbia Records, itself a subsidiary of Sony Music, is responsible for the release and not the band. I imagine they are the ones setting the price. When SSTB was pressed, it was less than $20 (except the tour version which I think was exactly $20). That repress was headed by Equal Vision while this one is not. I'm not sure if there are any sort of costs associated with this release that I'm not seeing. So when we talk about acquiescing to the price we are not saying to Coheed, "Yes, we will pay whatever you want", we are saying it to the record label.

TyrkCyA.png

(also want to point out that nowhere have we read that the black pressing is limited)

If you are indeed being impeccable with your word then I would be interested in a 50PPD copy if I can't grab one at the show. Don't sell it to me for a $100 though. That wouldn't be cool.

Nah, I wouldn't do that to you!. I ordered 3 grey, and you're a good dude. If you're strapped for cash now I'll sell you a copy at my cost + shipping, which looks to be about $50. One I'm keeping, at least until I get a peach, and one I'm hopefully going to flip at some point to get back to $0 on this purchase.

:)