PO: New Found Glory - Resurrection

Yeah, NFG isn't as popular as they used to be...solid fan base, they'll always have that but I have to assume the median age of their listeners is rising and with that comes being adults (ie prioritizing vinyl expenditures).

Not sure how to gauge this properly, but they did sell out 4 of the first 5 stops on their current tour, and without any major support.  I stopped paying attention if they continued to sell out after they came here.  Not that they play the biggest venues, but 962 was the capacity here in Minneapolis, that's a fair amount.  The stop that didn't sell out was the night before in Des Moines, IA, which is after all, Iowa.  Not the highest density population nor any surrounding areas that anyone would come from.  I've seen some bigger than NFG acts at that venue [in Des Moines] & I've never seen too big of a crowd.

Not sure how to gauge this properly, but they did sell out 4 of the first 5 stops on their current tour, and without any major support.  I stopped paying attention if they continued to sell out after they came here.  Not that they play the biggest venues, but 962 was the capacity here in Minneapolis, that's a fair amount.  The stop that didn't sell out was the night before in Des Moines, IA, which is after all, Iowa.  Not the highest density population nor any surrounding areas that anyone would come from.  I've seen some bigger than NFG acts at that venue [in Des Moines] & I've never seen too big of a crowd.

My comment was in reference to how their later releases have sold on vinyl.  I have no doubt they're still selling out venues and drawing decent crowds.  

• 2 weeks later...

Aside from the fact that a sale post is the way to go, is anyone here tired of this "make an offer" crap?

Yes, but isn't that par for the course around here?  I'm a video gamer as well, and follow video gaming groups on facebook & such.  Same concept as this place, everyone keeps each other posted on releases as well as buying/selling/trading.  If anyone posts "Make an offer" it gets deleted.  Or I think they get warned to list a price or it will get deleted.  Prices mandatory.

Yes, but isn't that par for the course around here?  I'm a video gamer as well, and follow video gaming groups on facebook & such.  Same concept as this place, everyone keeps each other posted on releases as well as buying/selling/trading.  If anyone posts "Make an offer" it gets deleted.  Or I think they get warned to list a price or it will get deleted.  Prices mandatory.

Mandatory for listings on the sports card forum I frequent as well. 

Yes, but isn't that par for the course around here? I'm a video gamer as well, and follow video gaming groups on facebook & such. Same concept as this place, everyone keeps each other posted on releases as well as buying/selling/trading. If anyone posts "Make an offer" it gets deleted. Or I think they get warned to list a price or it will get deleted. Prices mandatory.

I game too, but video games don't really have the same market as records. Those games absolutely never go up in value, besides a few that somehow became rare. But they manufacture million of the things. I think the "make an offer" crap is dumb, but it's slightly appropriate for this hobby. The markets aren't structured similarly at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Yup..

I'd be the pain in their neck
Every corner they'd do double takes
And look over their shoulder
Make them regret
Every thought that they've had of being with you

You're both out for a night on the town
You get home and the house is burnt down

If I can't have you, I'll make sure no one will
I'd be beside myself

• 3 weeks later...