PO: New Found Glory - Resurrection

Did we ever get info on what the HT variant is limited to?

I haven't seen anything but now I can't add more than 46 to cart so maybe that's all they have left and 300 were pressed?

And GK says "We only have 156 items of 'Limited Edition New Found Glory "Resurrection" Vinyl', of size 'Quantity' and color 'MISC' in stock. Please enter a smaller quantity."

I haven't seen anything but now I can't add more than 46 to cart so maybe that's all they have left and 300 were pressed?

And GK says "We only have 156 items of 'Limited Edition New Found Glory "Resurrection" Vinyl', of size 'Quantity' and color 'MISC' in stock. Please enter a smaller quantity."

There's more than that for HT. Copies get sent to a lot of stores as well, it's not just online.

This record is getting fried by critics.

I'm not too keen on it myself. The drum-work is better than past outings like 'Radiosurgery' and slightly better than 'Not Without A Fight,' but sounds uninspired next to 'S/T' and 'Catalyst.' The guitar work sounds great but I'm no expert. The vocals are atrocious. There are huge stretches that don't even sound like Jordan. I don't know a thing about music production but it sounds like an issue with production and/or mixing (again, I don't know about these things.) It sounds like Jordan is continuing to explore his range in parts and there are some decent songs, but for the most part is misses the mark. Some of the lyrics are embarrassing and cringe inducing. "If you wanna play with fire, I'll burn you down," sounds like a parody of an "A Day to Remember" song. I know New Found Glory were never known for their thought provoking lyrics, but you could at least identify subtleties, abstractions, and positivity of friendship as a core theme. 'Resurrection' sounds like it was written by a 14-year old.

Overall I would rate this album as the worst New Found Glory record, slightly below Radiosurgery. Whereas Radiosurgery was very safe and generic, Resurrection ebbs between decent and god-awful.

Reviews I've seen are positive with 7/10, 8/10, 3.5/4, 3.5-4/5 ratings.

http://exclaim.ca/Reviews/PopAndRock/new_found_glory-resurrection

This is far better than most music out there and easily worth buying. I'm surprised by the praise some generic pop gets.

http://blog.chron.com/miked/2014/10/new-found-glory-sets-the-record-straight-on-resurrection-5-seconds-of-summer/

From Scott Heisel at AltPress:

"The struggle that many longtime NFG fans will probably have to go through with Resurrection is coming to grips with why they like New Found Glory. If you’re a fan of riffs, breakdowns and the occasional injection of the forbidden beat, there’s plenty to love here. If you’re a fan of their lyrics, Resurrection could be a challenge to accept. While individual songwriting credits have never been available throughout NFG’s career, Klein had always been identified as the group’s primary lyricist, with Gilbert responsible for much of the music. Obviously being in a band is generally a collaborative experience, with each member contributing to lyrics and music whenever appropriate; no one’s saying Klein wrote 100 percent of NFG lyrics before now. But one of the biggest reasons NFG connected with thousands of people worldwide was his ability to confess whatever his sins may have been at the time in the context of a three-minute pop-punk song, making the band more vulnerable and human in a scene that is typically dominated by snotty, don’t-give-a-fuck attitudes. The lyrics on Resurrection are different; whoever wrote them (it’s a fair assumption Gilbert did much of the heavy lifting) doesn’t try to impersonate Klein’s writing voice, instead pushing their own voice forward. When it works, it’s great; when it doesn’t, it feels clunky at best and skippable at worst. As a result, Resurrection could be a contentious record in New Found Glory’s extensive discography, but on the plus side, you can probably expect another one in two years—so if this one’s not right for you, maybe the next one will be."

Luckily, I have never been a huge fan of lyrics in music.

It may seem a biased view but I actually love each album that NFG have put out, include this.

I'm not sure exactly what people expected with this record and I think that's what may be making people struggle with it and how they receive it. Personally, I think it does sound bigger with just the one guitar. Lyrically, it comes as no surprise to me that it is different.

At times it is a tad difficult to make out whether they are singing about a girl or whether in fact they lyrics are aimed at Steve. It also isn't surprising (for me anyway) that Stuborn is the best song off of the record, given the meaning behind it. This song goes head to head with any that have been written before it.

Over the years I have taken more interest in NFG than anything. There is a specific quote I remember that was written shortly after Catalyst was released. It was in an article written during a tour, about 6 months after the release. It said "New Found Glory took a risk, they changed their sound. The fans stood by them".

That line has stuck with me ever since. Its true. NFG fans stand by their band. I think we will see now if they can have the same effect.

That line has stuck with me ever since. Its true. NFG fans stand by their band. I think we will see now if they can have the same effect.

Good point, you shouldn't examine things you care about critically. If you really support a band you'll praise everything they put out as great. Anyone who does otherwise obviously isn't a "tr00-NFG fan."