OUT NOW: Pianos Become the Teeth - Keep You (10/28/2014)

CRUCIAL UPDATE:  I am now getting an error page with a picture of a squid.

The waiting game isn't as bad now, except that I already need another beer.

I'm not trying to cause shit with you or anyone else, but didn't you say that the new song was totally boring?  And that you're fully expecting to be disappointed by the new album?  Not that I'm complaining about keeping everyone informed - especially since there seems to be a good bit of hype for this record - but I just find it funny that you're spearheading the PO updates despite being 1 of 2 people who don't enjoy the new sound.  Please don't take offense to any of that; you can chalk it up to pure curiosity on my end.  Did you have a sudden change of heart?

(For what it's worth, I'm not exactly sold with the new track, either.)

I'm not trying to cause shit with you or anyone else, but didn't you say that the new song was totally boring?  And that you're fully expecting to be disappointed by the new album?  Not that I'm complaining about keeping everyone informed - especially since there seems to be a good bit of hype for this record - but I just find it funny that you're spearheading the PO updates despite being 1 of 2 people who don't enjoy the new sound.  Please don't take offense to any of that; you can chalk it up to pure curiosity on my end.  Did you have a sudden change of heart?

(For what it's worth, I'm not exactly sold with the new track, either.)

Fair question.  I find the new track boring, but as I said, The Lack Long After is one of my favorite records of all time.  I will always be excited for Pianos material, even if I'm not totally digging this new track, and even if the album doesn't have screaming vocals, and even if it is a Will Yip record, I'm still excited.  

Also, it's late here, and I'm tired sitting in a hotel lobby drinking beer, therefore I'm just lurking this thread and posting too much.  

No offense taken, I like you, and my posts probably do sound contradictory to my reaction to the song. 

Also, there are 55 people in this thread.

Fair question.  I find the new track boring, but as I said, The Lack Long After is one of my favorite records of all time.  I will always be excited for Pianos material, even if I'm not totally digging this new track, and even if the album doesn't have screaming vocals, and even if it is a Will Yip record, I'm still excited.  

Also, it's late here, and I'm tired sitting in a hotel lobby drinking beer, therefore I'm just lurking this thread and posting too much.  

No offense taken, I like you, and my posts probably do sound contradictory to my reaction to the song. 

That's fair enough.  I figured the main reason you'd be amped for this album is due to a loyalty to the band's back catalog.  Which is understandable, seeing as they've had a great streak.  I'll at least give the new album a listen with an open mind.

http://topshelfrecords.tumblr.com/post/95763528154/it-is-bittersweet-to-say-that-pianos-become-the

And now, for the 27th time on these boards, I say that Topshelf is by far the best record label out there, and Kevin and Seth are the best dudes ever, and I've never even met them.  It's kind of weird how you get attached to a label after supporting them for so long, and as cheesy as it sounds, Topshelf seems close to me, if that makes sense.  And I don't feel that way about any other label, at all.

http://topshelfrecords.tumblr.com/post/95763528154/it-is-bittersweet-to-say-that-pianos-become-the

And now, for the 27th time on these boards, I say that Topshelf is by far the best record label out there, and Kevin and Seth are the best dudes ever, and I've never even met them.  It's kind of weird how you get attached to a label after supporting them for so long, and as cheesy as it sounds, Topshelf seems close to me, if that makes sense.  And I don't feel that way about any other label, at all.

Seth and Kevin were at the MHTJ/PBTT/TWIABP show in CT a few years ago. I did not say hi because I am a mess of social anxiety and awkwardness.

I think it's funny that there are a bunch of articles/posts popping up with pre-order links but the site is still fucked.

Seth and Kevin were at the MHTJ/PBTT/TWIABP show in CT a few years ago. I did not say hi because I am a mess of social anxiety and awkwardness.

Yeah, I always find those situations weird too.  It's almost as if you feel like you know them pretty well, but to them you're just another kid at a show.  And that's not to sound degrading, but it's true.  They don't know who you are, you know who they are.  

"Hey I really like your label and post religiously on VC and have preordered every record you've released for the past 3 years".

...cool...

Also, was that the Sandy Hook benefit show?  Probably not, that was like a year and a half ago.  

agree completely. They have the best prices and shipping. They are always on their game with announcements, info and have a quick turnaround rate with customer service. Def wish this was coming out on TSR as well.

I think it's funny that there are a bunch of articles/posts popping up with pre-order links but the site is still fucked.

how did I miss that fucking lineup. 

Yeah, I always find those situations weird too.  It's almost as if you feel like you know them pretty well, but to them you're just another kid at a show.  And that's not to sound degrading, but it's true.  They don't know who you are, you know who they are.  

"Hey I really like your label and post religiously on VC and have preordered every record you've released for the past 3 years".

...cool...

Also, was that the Sandy Hook benefit show?  Probably not, that was like a year and a half ago.  

It was MHTJ's 2nd to last show (end up being 3rd to last) and Reasons to Be release. I was at the Sandy Hook benefit though.

What's funny is my buddy lived in Allston and met Kevin a few times while hanging out with a mutual friend. My friend listens exclusively to EDM so he had no idea Topshelf was a thing.

MHTJ/Hostage Calm at the Hungarian Club was nuts. I stood off to the side though hahaha

I was up against the stage for all of MHTJ. It was awesome to see them one last time. Here's me as the heavens fell to the dirt (red shirt):

nnT8EABl.jpg

I was so bummed I had to leave before With Honor. Also, my raffle number was one off from winning the Seasons in Verse, Virgin Sails, Season in Verse test press, and Heavenly Bodies lathe /1 prize pack.