What's your White Whale record?

No. As far as I know, there is only one known picture of it. Can't find it listed in any collections. I'm sure Tre probably knows who ended up with it, but even if I found it, it would take over $1k to get it I'm sure.

I wonder if it's someone who's a nerd like us. Or just a guy who liked the band, ordered it, and it's sitting on their shelf unbeknownst to them.

Actual variant. There are also variants that are /4 and /8. I try to pretend that they don't exist.

These are definitely misprints, though. They're supposed to be the "clear with white cross" variant, but were botched in production. The same can be said for the striped black-red copies of YFM. I certainly wouldn't consider them independent variants.

I only consider them variants because they are listed in the pressing info. Either way, I MUST HAVE THEM.

I'd maybe chalk that to Deathwish for being super thorough. Though I'm sure that in the history of vinyl production, some label, somewhere, has intentionally "screwed up" a variant to create an off-press of </10.

Either way. If you continue to actively look, I bet you'll get a chance to buy at least one of them in your lifetime. I'd cringe to consider what it'd probably cost, though.

These are definitely misprints, though. They're supposed to be the "clear with white cross" variant, but were botched in production. The same can be said for the striped black-red copies of YFM. I certainly wouldn't consider them independent variants.

This is the way I see it.

IIRC that striped You Fail Me 'variant' is just a by-product of the vinyl press...er changing colours, and they're usually discarded.

I'm up to 145 pieces in my Converge collection. Only missing about 10 pieces to be completed.... and it never will be.

The white whale is the damn Clear with Broken Cross variant of "You Fail Me" that is /1.

Coming from someone who is also trying to collect everything Converge, you are a champion. What was the most expensive/hard to find? The screen printed You Fail Me?

I never knew about those Converge variants until I read this thread. There's a guy on Deadformat that has both the /4 and /8 in addition to the /2 test press of Circle Takes the Square - As the Roots Undo. I messaged him last night to see if he could shoot me some pictures because that is just too cool.

Coming from someone who is also trying to collect everything Converge, you are a champion. What was the most expensive/hard to find? The screen printed You Fail Me?

Most expensive would be the clear AWLWLB. I shelled out $255 for it. In retrospect, I overpaid. But I had to have it and I'll never sell it.

Hardest to find? Probably the black with random multicolor stripe 7" with Dropdead. I just got it and I've been looking for over a year. The white stamped Unloved and Weeded Out 7"s were a motherfucker too....

However, I have never seen a blue 7" of their Brutal Truth split. That one I will shell out $200+ for if I have to.

Edit - The screenprinted You Fail Me fell into my lap. A very generous member on here saw my sig and messaged me and offered his copy for a very fair price.

My main white whale is the clear /100 variant of Punch - Nothing Lasts. I have literally NEVER, never seen one for sale, or ever in anyone's collection. I know Dan from the band has one, I'm trying to convince him to sell it to me. I've offered him silly money, but I think he feels awkward about taking that much. Fuck I hope I can convince him.

There's a few more records I'd really like, including some stupidly limited variants of the Jackals/No Coast split (cheers Darren), however I've sourced both variants of the latest LP, as well as the test press (/3, you can buy one for ~£200 on discogs, but I'm not paying that much) and the band saved me a release show cover.

I finally scored my white whale tape (fuck you it's a thing) yesterday, the Jackals S/T tape (check out the pics here, fucking cool: http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=4857563), limited to 32 and awesome as shit.

K-os

Double LP Promo version of his first album.

His first three albums are some of my favourite albums ever and the only one with a vinyl version that I know of is his first album and it was promo only...

The problem isn`t that it is sought after, the problem is that I`ve never ever seen or heard of one for sale. I looked it up on Popsike and one sold on Ebay in 2009 for 20 bucks....

I desperately want one. Don`t even know if it would be expensive or not... I just don`t know where to look.

I have that K-os record, think it was on discogs so just add to a want list if you have not already. I would possibly trade it but seeing as my 3 year old daughters all time fav song is The Dog Is Mine from his new album it may take a white whale of my own yo get from me as she has first dibs!

Yeah I got it on my wantlist on there :P It's one of those things where it's not like it's super desired, it just isn't common. I'm at least glad the records are somewhere they're appreciated :) 3 year old girls have some of the best musical taste :P

As an artist it surprises me that his earlier albums aren't on vinyl considering he'll rap about digging through a record crate :P