What's your White Whale record?

good find on both of those. Reinhold is the last one of theirs I need, and I've been after it for a few years to no avail sadly =\ Also kinda just music related, but by far my holiest of grails, and whitest of whales, are those Mogwai Big Muff pedals they made when Rock Action came out back in '01. /100 and rarely pop up for sale, if ever.

mogwai-big-muff-pi.jpg

good find on both of those. Reinhold is the last one of theirs I need, and I've been after it for a few years to no avail sadly =\ Also kinda just music related, but by far my holiest of grails, and whitest of whales, are those Mogwai Big Muff pedals they made when Rock Action came out back in '01. /100 and rarely pop up for sale, if ever.

mogwai-big-muff-pi.jpg

I skipped this one when it was for sale back in the days. It was pretty expensive, wasn't it?

There was a local ska band from around my area called Crazy Brass Smackers. They had a whole table of 7 inches that just had white sleeves and the record slid down into them for $1 a piece back in the day. I had four in my hand I was going to buy to help the band out with gas. I put them back to watch the rest of the show and got sidetrack and never went back to pick them up. I still wish I had one of those. You only get the chance to get some of that stuff a few times and once those bands vanish and the members grow up or move on it's nearly impossible to get some of that stuff.

Before the HT repress sweetheart. Last year I saw it sell on eBay for 600+

High price =/= white whale. This listing (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rise-Against-LP-Siren-Song-of-the-Counter-Culture-Fall-Out-Boy-AFI-Thrice-/280820761129?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item416238c229) has been up for (from what I can remember) over a year, available for anyone who wants to pay an absurd amount for a record. White whales are about availability. 

Fuck, just make a thread called "Records That Normally Go For More Than I Want To Spend" already.

not a really a Record, so maybe it doesn't belong in this thread

but it IS record related

my White Whale is the MARS VOLTA's Amputechture Slipmat

either no one has it, or they no one wants to sell it. have been looking for a few years and nothing has ever come up

What's it look like? Pretty sure I got a slip mat of theirs in a pre-order once.

BMSR's Start A People vinyl press.

It hasn't been made yet. But it will. When, I do not know, everybody says 'soon'. There will be special colors for those in the Graveface subscription, and if I knew when it would release I would definitely consider it. Love that record so much I got a tattoo of it.

I dunno if that qualifies for 'white whale' really, but it would be a culmination for me.

High price =/= white whale. This listing (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rise-Against-LP-Siren-Song-of-the-Counter-Culture-Fall-Out-Boy-AFI-Thrice-/280820761129?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item416238c229) has been up for (from what I can remember) over a year, available for anyone who wants to pay an absurd amount for a record. White whales are about availability. 

Fuck, just make a thread called "Records That Normally Go For More Than I Want To Spend" already.

Availability is the key work.  

High price =/= white whale. This listing (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rise-Against-LP-Siren-Song-of-the-Counter-Culture-Fall-Out-Boy-AFI-Thrice-/280820761129?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item416238c229) has been up for (from what I can remember) over a year, available for anyone who wants to pay an absurd amount for a record. White whales are about availability.

...... Yeah?

Still struggling to find a copy of Hot Water Music's Caution. I'll get that white whale some day!

Well, for a while that was one HWM record they weren't repressing regularly. However, there a new press available at no idea....

Not so much a white whale, more of a lined topminnow, Fundulus lineolatus.

What's it look like? Pretty sure I got a slip mat of theirs in a pre-order once.

I can't get the link directly to he image on my phone for some reason, but it's the very first one on this search https://www.google.com/search?q=amputechture+slipmat&client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=QULIUrmDNYrvoASAqILwCA&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAA&biw=320&bih=416#

Is that the one you have? Or the one with two hooded figures facing each other?

I can't get the link directly to he image on my phone for some reason, but it's the very first one on this search https://www.google.com/search?q=amputechture+slipmat&client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=QULIUrmDNYrvoASAqILwCA&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAA&biw=320&bih=416#

Is that the one you have? Or the one with two hooded figures facing each other?

I just checked, I have the one with the hooded figures