What's your White Whale record?

I think mine would be the Chilmark "Mosiac"/"The King"/"Shadow" 7". They were a band from a couple towns over when I was in high school, so this must have come out in... 1993? I had a copy of this and it disappeared freshman year of college when I brought it to the radio station to play on my show and it grew legs when a bunch of non-station people happened to be around.

Every time I search for it on the interwebs, all I can find is their other 7", Driftwood. I'm pretty sure both were /500 so it's weird that only the Driftwood 7" seems to pop up on tradelists/distros/whatever and never the Mosiac 7".

Anyway, pretty sure I'll never see this again ever. Though if I ever do, it'll probably be cheap because no one has ever heard of this band. If I see the Driftwood 7" show up somewhere it's usually $4 or $5.

I actually found this! I had to get it from a guy in Germany, but he was only selling it for €2 so with the shipping it was still only like $14.

Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get here.

• 1 month later...

I still can't manage to get my hands on a copy of The Bird and The Bee's self-titled album. I've seen it for sale plenty of times, but it's always either just expensive enough to where I can't afford it or someone else gets to it first.

Also, Little Dragon's self-titled album. Both the original pressing and the repress they did in 2012 routinely get listed for $200+, which is absolutely fucking ridiculous.

Neon Piss' Demo. Lathe cut 8" /30.

http://remoteoutpostsanalog.blogspot.ca/2012/08/neon-piss-demo-lathe-cut-8-record-2012.html

They sold out at their hometown tour opener show in San Francisco. So their owned by friends and San Fran Locals. I don't even look for it.

Crazy Thing, I woke up on a Sunday afternoon and had a message from discogs. Someone listed it for sale. I hit the link and it was gone. I messaged the seller, told them I'd take it if the deal fell through. It was the guitar player, said he decided not to sell it and pulled it. I should have offered to rent it. Just to be in possession of a copy for a month or two would be awesome.

I collect Crusades and I was convinced I'd never find the 1st press of their 1st EP. Found it in the used bin at my local store two blocks away for $3 bux. I yelped like a girl and didn't care...

I've for all my main wants either on their way to me or awaiting payment (oops). I guess now it's gonna have to be the red ink cover of the s/t Jackals EP, /3 and probably all owned by the band.

Also the tour cover of Eyeless by Punch (/50), it's supposed to exist but I've no idea what it looks like...

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got one of mine - 

6RSglhn.jpg

XpVUEVk.jpg

- Pyramiddd - Medicine 7" - #'d/500

Starfucker was called Pyramiddd for a few months and put this 7" out on DDD Records. I have had the hardest time tracking it down (for a few years now), which is surprising because it's out of 500.

Anyways. I got it for less than $20 ppd from England. Super pumped.

Porcupine Tree's Deadwing. There's a copy on Discogs now for $500+shipping (used, by the way). Insanity.

don't give up guy, sometimes dreams do come true

BPJ78EY.jpg

my "white whale" at the moment is probably just spiral circus. there hasn't been a reasonable auction for it for aaaaaaages

Was The Amity Affliction - Youngbloods Red Press - Currently on the way to me...pretty wrapped about that.

Probably going to try and track down Metallica - Fade to Black - 1984 - 12" Single on Glow in the dark Green wax......just going to have to be patient and get it at a decent price.......dont want to be paying $500 for it.

Also something I just cant seem to nail down and isnt that pricey at all is AOF - Boiled Frogs 7" .....in no way id it as awesome as some of the other White Whales in this thread but i just never get lucky with it

For me it was an Original Pressing of Smashing Pumpkins "Mellon Collie & the Infinite Sadness" but was able to score one a year or so ago at an acceptable price.

Now I would have to say it is probably a copy of The Tragically Hip's "Fully Completely" (which MOV will hopefully re-release") and The Tough Alliance's "A New Chance".