What's your White Whale record?

One of my most ought after records is the Norma Jean boxset. It sells for a good chunk of change quite frequently and it's relatively hard to find. Also heard and read a lot about the pressing sounding sub-par, which is sad, too. Still like to have it nonetheless.

Snagged this for $75 off eBay earlier this month and it was still sealed, and I would argue the pressing sounds great;. I compared it to the 7 inch that they put out in 2002 with mewithoutyou and the sound was pretty much exactly the same.It appears that BTMAKTC was cut a lot hotter then the other two, but if you push the volume on the latter two all the details pop with awesome clarity. I would easily prefer to listen to these albums on vinyl vs cd any day of the week.

I wouldn't consider LCW a white whale as it's actually pretty easy to find, if you're willing to drop the money for it.  However, I have an extra challenge.  I have half of the album, but it's the AB record and the CD sleeve.  Somewhere out there is its mismatched twin...

In the meantime, fully expecting a repress, so don't spend the money.

I don't remember which disc it was, but I totally found one sleeve and one LP here of LCW. It was in the absolute worst shape but still played. $10 at the store. I bought it and took it back the next day. Felt empty to have 1/2 an album.

I wouldn't consider LCW a white whale as it's actually pretty easy to find, if you're willing to drop the money for it.  However, I have an extra challenge.  I have half of the album, but it's the AB record and the CD sleeve.  Somewhere out there is its mismatched twin...

In the meantime, fully expecting a repress, so don't spend the money.

Well, it's out of reach due to price which kinda makes it a white whale to me. I

Still not a white whale. A white whale is something that is rare to see even pop up for sale.

That's not what white whale means at all. A white whale refers to obsession. Rareness can be a factor in making something your personal white whale but it isn't a prerequisite. 

"Aye, aye! and I’ll chase him round Good Hope, and round the Horn, and round the Norway Maelstrom, and round perdition’s flames before I give him up. And this is what ye have shipped for, men! to chase that white whale on both sides of land, and over all sides of earth, till he spouts black blood and rolls fin out. What say ye, men, will ye splice hands on it, now? I think ye do look brave." 

That's not what white whale means at all. A white whale refers to obsession. Rareness can be a factor in making something your personal white whale but it isn't a prerequisite. 

yeah but like if the captain just wanted to kill any old sperm whale that there are thousands of it wouldn't have been a very interesting story

Here, Hear. I + II. So very hard to find, limited to the hand numbered copies.

Followed by Untitled 7" and Vancouver, but I'm not counting Vancouver because it's mostly due to price.

So nuts, the one hear here 7" came with my cd preorder of Somewhere at the Bottom. Just crazy how those came about to be so rare.

I guess one of mine is Reunion/Deluge, by 36.

Discovered the band a few days right after it sold out, the only time I ever saw it for sale was on ebay, and the seller got robbed on the way to send it to me :(

Never saw it again since.

Mine is Peter Bjorn and John-"writers block"

Twice I have ordered it and twice it has been cancelled. Why are people even selling it if they don't have it?

:(

Ahah yes, those false hopes are the worst.

The Deadly Snakes - Real Rock and Roll Tonight / 500, released in 1997.

They never seem to be crazy expensive but they don't seem to come up a lot. I have seen a total of three of these for sale in the past 7 or so years I've been looking for it, and something always happens that makes me miss it. Thing's like a damn Carmen Sandiego.