Secret Santa 2014 (the saga continues) Update 12/27/2014 (post your gift pix lazy bastards)

He got a cool Tear it Up record then got mad about it.

That is my favorite Christmas memory. Dat glitter bomb.

Taking a page right out of the ol' Funke playbook.

Ah, memories. This is the season for us all to sit back and reflect on the good times we've all had together as parasocially related digital friends.

For those new to the drama:

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/80723-vc-secret-santa-version-50-final-update-02072013/?p=1383194

- a note from my Secret Santa that, for one of his clues, wrote, "I kind of hate you."

SIDE NOTE: Kriss - when you finish laughing, call me. It's been way too long

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/80723-vc-secret-santa-version-50-final-update-02072013/?p=1383194

- a note from my Secret Santa that, for one of his clues, wrote, "I kind of hate you."

This was all sorts of wonderful.

Dammit. I read through the whole thread looking for that and then I come back here and you've posted it.

You In Reverse aka jared from subway aka jared from the jewelry store should be thrown in a mental institution for going way above and beyond on his gift. 

http://paulsrecords.tumblr.com/

first off i get a $25 xbox gift card. right there would be a hell of a present. I already put it in my account.

then i get about 100 snowboarding and music stickers. also rad. already threw one on my helmet.

now for the music. all of the lps were individually wrapped with different wrapping paper. the attention to detail is amazing.

alkaline trio agony & irony 2xlp on cream. havent tracked down many variants the last few years so that was huge.

new seahaven joint on 2xlp maroon vinyl. big fan of the band and this album has been growing on me

new mliw joint on half light green half darker green. big fan of the band. hadnt picked up the new lp.

hohokum soundtrack on pretty splatter vinyl. comes with 22 songs download. pretty sure ive posted a couple time how much i liked tycho

dismemberment plan - uncanney valley. this must be the one that you took a stab in the dark at. havent listened to them at all before so that will change.

pink spiders 7" dont know em will check it out too

this dude obviously stalked my posting cuz they nailed it.

Since I found out I will be in western MA on both xmas eve and xmas day, I decided to just go ahead and open my gifts as well!

I received:

WlmQXhr.jpg?1

-North Korea - Basement Tapes Vol 1 & 2

-Youth Conspiracy slipmat

-'The Stranger' by Albert Camus

-A chunk of stickers (tried to blow up the balloon for my cat to play with but it broke  :( )

-Envy On The Coast - Lowcountry CD

-Sub Pop - Mixed Nuts CD

-Beetlejuice figure

After listening to the clues, I immediately knew who it was: Onlettingjoe!

Thanks Joe!

wow guys.. nice gifts.. keep em coming.. who's recipient hasn't shown pics? so i can PM them to tell them too. PM me if your recipient hasn't. i want all this done before xmas so i can be finished with this.

man i need to find a new family that celebrates with food and laughter and is festive.. my immediate family has passed and my relatives don't really celebrate anything. it's a total bummer.(sorry for the rant, i just realized this now) 

maybe i'll go people watch at golden corral. 

man i need to find a new family that celebrates with food and laughter and is festive.. my immediate family has passed and my relatives don't really celebrate anything. it's a total bummer.(sorry for the rant, i just realized this now) 

I'm with you on this. My father's side of the family used to be really close until my grandmother passed. Then all my uncles and cousins moved. My mothers family is estranged, as are my sisters. So it's just my mom and dad. I have my boyfriend's family too, but even they aren't super close and usually just do a gift exchange and a half assed meal (I'm talking like cold cut sandwiches) 

I'm with you on this. My father's side of the family used to be really close until my grandmother passed. Then all my uncles and cousins moved. My mothers family is estranged, as are my sisters. So it's just my mom and dad. I have my boyfriend's family too, but even they aren't super close and usually just do a gift exchange and a half assed meal (I'm talking like cold cut sandwiches) 

my family is like ian millers parents from "My big fat greek wedding". 

My Santa has been very generous to me!

santauqun9.jpg

So here's what I got:

• Gates – Bloom & Breathe /LP
  • Prawn – Kingfisher /LP
  • Mikal Cronin – MCII /LP
  • Balance And Composure – Acoustic /7”
  • Daggerz – Symmetries /7”
  • Fake Problems/You Blew It! – Split /7”
  • One Hundred Year Ocean - Where Were You While We Were Getting High? /Cass
  • mix CD
  • The Rise Of Aurora West comic
  • 2 shirts and a cap
  • Maneki-neko (beckoning cat)
  • koozie, patch and stickers
  • Pocky and airheads (not pictured, because I already ate it)

I haven't managed to listen to all of it yet, but that Gates album is so brilliant. I have never heard anything by them before, but I really dig this. It reminds me a little bit of Moving Mountains, which I love. Prawn has been a safe bet, actually I don't even know why I haven't bought it myself yet. The cat shirt is also cool. I guess now I'm officially the male version of a cat lady, haha.

As I haven't found a note with clues, I had to use my detective powers: The comic book was wrapped in a plastic bag from a New Yorker book store and the cat shirt is from a film company based in New York. That leads me to the conclusion that my Santa is most likely from the NY/NJ/CT area. If I'm not mistaken Dave works in the film industry, so he would be my guess.

If it's you Dave, thank you! I really dig what you sent me, especially since there was a lot of new stuff for me to discover.

santauqun9.jpg

So here's what I got:

• Prawn – Kingfisher /LP
  • mix CD
  • 2 shirts and a cap
I haven't managed to listen to all of it yet, but that Gates album is so brilliant. I have never heard anything by them before, but I really dig this. It reminds me a little bit of Moving Mountains, which I love. Prawn has been a safe bet, actually I don't even know why I haven't bought it myself yet. The cat shirt is also cool. I guess now I'm officially the male version of a cat lady, haha.

As I haven't found a note with clues, I had to use my detective powers: The comic book was wrapped in a plastic bag from a New Yorker book store and the cat shirt is from a film company based in New York. That leads me to the conclusion that my Santa is most likely from the NY/NJ/CT area. If I'm not mistaken Dave works in the film industry, so he would be my guess.

If it's you Dave, thank you! I really dig what you sent me, especially since there was a lot of new stuff for me to discover.

Fantastic haul

santauqun9.jpg

So here's what I got:

• Prawn – Kingfisher /LP
  • mix CD
  • 2 shirts and a cap

so much good stuff in there! 

LOVE the cover to the mix cd. 

I'm the cat-obsessed santa. Glad you dig it. I thought you'd like that Gates album based on your list. That Paul Pope book is cool, he did a charity signing at a store I donate to in NYC that does job and life training for HIV positive homeless individuals - housing works - that's how I snuck in some charity.

I'm kind of obsessed with Lucky Cat, give him a good home and face him the right way!

I'm the cat-obsessed santa. Glad you dig it. I thought you'd like that Gates album based on your list. That Paul Pope book is cool, he did a charity signing at a store I donate to in NYC that does job and life training for HIV positive homeless individuals - housing works - that's how I snuck in some charity.

I'm kind of obsessed with Lucky Cat, give him a good home and face him the right way!

housing works is awesome! such a great place.

what's the right way to face a lucky cat? a friend of mine brought me one back from a trip a couple years ago and i just casually put him on my shelf. didn't realize there was a proper way to place him!

And I wonder what happened to the note...there was one.

There was an envelope with a note, but no clues about your identity.

Btw I had to look up from what movie the samples on the mix were, it's "It's a Wonderful Life", right? I never watched it, but the fact that it made a loss at the box office while being considered one of the best movies made me curious.