Secret Santa 2014 (the saga continues) Update 12/27/2014 (post your gift pix lazy bastards)

i've sent and received, but haven't posted a picture yet.  it'd be kind of cool if there was a spreadsheet and we filled it out and posted picture links.  that'd also be stupid.  but maybe cool!  the last few people could really narrow their search for who sent to them though

I like this idea, so who would be good at this? Tokimedo? 

Really glad you're happy with it all, Bret! I saw you either had other releases by these bands or listened to similar stuff so I was hoping/thinking you'd be psyched with them! Shipping to Alaska from PA had me sweating for 14 days, haha.

Dude you killed it! Thanks so much, seriously! I already had a Wilburys album along with Damn the Torpedoes, but Full Moon Fever is hands down my favorite Petty album. You're awesome man.

SANTA!!! I am a melting puddle of goo on the floor. Its like you personally know me. Thank you SO much!! Im still too shocked to figure out your identity but I gotta share with everyone how awesome you are!

2C3AXnS.jpg

DHARMA INITIATIVE THEMED COFFEE MUG: this is so cool. Im gonna use it every day! LOST is my religion so thank you <3

BIG BOSS 'SNAKE' JAPANESE COLLECTABLE FIGURE, PEACE WALKER ERA: I have literally always wanted a snake figure for display in my room. Big Boss is probably my favorite character from any video game. I was so happy to see this.

OKKERVIL RIVER - THE STAND INS VINYL: You said this record was very important to you, so I will cherish it as well. Am excited to hear it, and based on your description I'm sure I'll enjoy it!

ANDREW JACKSON JIHAD - CHRISTMAS ISLAND VINYL: I've wanted to get this for a while now!! Saw them perform songs from this album over the summer, so this one hits a sentimental spot too!

BRAND NEW - THE DEVIL AND GOD ARE RAGING INSIDE ME VINYL: speaking of hitting a sentimental spot. This album is so special to me, so thank you, sincerely. I've never had this on vinyl. Whenever I was sixteen I brought my copy of the cd with me on my first visit with my outta-state girlfriend, spent that first day listening quietly experiencing it together. Now, six years later, thanks to you, we can spin this and experience that again.

And that is a hell of a present, santa.

Thank you so much.

So, after reading the letter, I think there's a second part to the package that hasn't shown up yet. That being said, I believe my SS is DakotaTSI. If I'm wrong about you, or about there being a second part, feel free to say so! But I'm pretty sure I'm right about both things, so thanks a ton! What I've gotten so far is awesome. I'm gonna listen to the CD tonight, and when I get the second part I'll make a bigger post with pics and all the loot I got. I checked out your band, too! You guys are pretty rad!

I've long owed a guess on who my rad Santa is. I lost internet for a couple days but am back here to take a stab:

smailtronic

Let me know if I'm write, wrong or otherwise so I can issue a proper thank you or another guess. 

Correct! I'm thriled that you enjoyed everything so much. I almost left out the Swing Kids, because I figured that would be the one thing you were most likely to own, and I was definitely up for the challenge of not duplicating anything you already had. Anyway, merry christmas!

Correct! I'm thriled that you enjoyed everything so much. I almost left out the Swing Kids, because I figured that would be the one thing you were most likely to own, and I was definitely up for the challenge of not duplicating anything you already had. Anyway, merry christmas!

Yeah, nicely done. I'll share that 7" in a random package in the months to come. 

tumblr_nfyrbg9sTf1u02evho1_r1_1280.jpg

Thanks Secret Santa!  I've been wanting to pick up that Gang of Four record for a while.  And I love candy and beer so that was a really awesome touch.  I don't have any guess who it could be but I look forward to having a chance to check out the mix.  Thanks again!

That got there fast! Haha It was me! I love Gang of Four and was so excited when it was on your list. I figured since you are starting your brewing you might enjoy my local beer. (I live in torrance, ca) Monkish is amazing and Feminist is my favorite beer of all times.