PO soon: Death Grips - Government Plates Black Friday excl. vinyl

• 3 months later...

Which one of our fine board members sold it to this gentleman? Someone compile a list of possible culprits. Come on, it'll be like Clue.

probably that d bag who was trying to get people to pick them up for him on RSD... and then it turns out he was flipping them.. that guy is a goof.

by the way, congrats on the purchase dude.. $140 aint bad all things considered, i've been pretty close to pulling the trigger a few times now.

enjoy it and hopefully the repress or boot is soooooon!

I'll take a $20 boot any day and make a photocopy of the plate on a piece of heavy card stock.

I dont even care about the plate.. fuck that... i just want the tunes and as good a pressing as I can get my grubby little mitts on.. there is one sitting on discogs for $180 canandian +shipping, without the plate.. im tempted to just let a few records go to fund it... but as soon as I do that they'll announce a repress...

• 4 weeks later...

I'd put my money on the possibility that all of the hard to find Death Grips albums get a repress in the next year or two. The originals would most likely still go for a premium.

On a side note, I waited several hours on RSD Black Friday to grab a Government Plates and I'm 99% certain that my record store kept their 2 copies and sold them on eBay. 

I'd put my money on the possibility that all of the hard to find Death Grips albums get a repress in the next year or two. The originals would most likely still go for a premium.

there is only one HARD TO FIND album that could be repressed.. which will be, in about 3 weeks.. see my post about.

ex wont be repressed, no way to clear all dem samples.

tptb wont be out of print but is likely between pressings.

Is The Powers That B almost oop? Seems like it on a lot of sites.

Some dude on the Powers thread gave me a ton of shit for saying I was gonna buy it to check out, and sell if I didn't like it. He said it would be widely available for a long time, so I wouldn't even get what I paid out of it.

Now it's almost OOP? Pfff.

Some dude on the Powers thread gave me a ton of shit for saying I was gonna buy it to check out, and sell if I didn't like it. He said it would be widely available for a long time, so I wouldn't even get what I paid out of it.

Now it's almost OOP? Pfff.

its not almost oop..... it is still widely available and like money store and no love and pretty much every other record in the world, it will be hard to find now and again while it is between pressings.

my shop expects them in the next 2 weeks.

• 8 months later...