Hall of Shame Museum of Idiotic Mailer Packaging

When I ordered Amputecture (UK press), it came in one of those weird paper mailers. Like an envelope.

However, I was surprised it was in great condition when before and after I opened it.

I mean, I've had good mailers delivered to me and they're completely squished, yet this paper envelope "mailer" was unscathed. Overseas.

I don't get it.

Why a pizza slipmat? I regularly put a real pizza on my turntable!

This is the new way of experiencing music with more than just your ears...you have to hear AND smell it!

Regarding shipping in pizza boxes: I hope those are used boxes...a bit of cheese & tomato sauce never hurts!

I was so pissed when I missed out on the pepperoni and extra cheese variant! Still happy to own a copy on cheese though.

On a serious note, I got Sum 41's Chuck mailed to me in a pizza box, the savages couldn't even clean out the grease from the inside. It was wrapped pretty bomb proof though, so I can't complain too much.

That looks like it was packaged pretty well. Was the damage caused by packaging or from the postal services?

I'm going to guess that you ordered this from the US, it was damaged in the US and they took 2 months to send it. When I lived overseas, any time a record arrived in that condition, it always took 2 months to receive. If that's the case, you should be posting in this thread:

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/88449-fuckin-usps-network-distribution-centers-the-thread/page-37

That looks like it was packaged pretty well. Was the damage caused by packaging or from the postal services?

I'm going to guess that you ordered this from the US, it was damaged in the US and they took 2 months to send it. When I lived overseas, any time a record arrived in that condition, it always took 2 months to receive. If that's the case, you should be posting in this thread:

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/88449-fuckin-usps-network-distribution-centers-the-thread/page-37

Definitely damaged by postal service...first time I receive a record like this! Will post in the other thread...good call!

• 6 months later...

Just got a package I've been waiting over a month to get.  And ended up with a soaked record...  They packaged the whole thing in two DHL bags and that's it.  Everything is bent but I've never received a wet record before.  Do not think you're being cheeky and order from El Corte Ingles.

Wet and falling apart