Taylor Swift - 1989 2xLP

On a few listens so far today in my work truck, I am really diggin' the album except "Welcome to New York" and "Out of The Woods". Both are very lazy attempts at sounding over the top pop with "sick beats". Not to mention that the lyrics of NY feel very lazy and forced. The repetitiveness of the chorus in Woods is what grates on my nerves and makes me dislike it.

On a few listens so far today in my work truck, I am really diggin' the album except "Welcome to New York" and "Out of The Woods". Both are very lazy attempts at sounding over the top pop with "sick beats". Not to mention that the lyrics of NY feel very lazy and forced. The repetitiveness of the chorus in Woods is what grates on my nerves and makes me dislike it.

Agreeing with basically all of this after two listens. I actually pretty well dig "Welcome to New York" from an instrumental level, just because the synths remind me a lot of an old Severed Heads song from the "Dead Eyes Opened" EP, but the lyrics are pretty doofy. I'd be fine with "Out of the Woods" if it weren't so repetitive. Otherwise, I'm liking it a lot. "Style", "Blank Space", and "I Wish You Would" all stick out in my mind (don't have the tracklist handy right now).

It took me much longer to appreciate Red as a whole album instead of just a few standout tracks from an album. 1989 hit me on the first listen as something I was definitely going to be very into overall.

I got the first set. I was really wanting the second set because I'm in love with #16, but overall I think set 1 is one of my faves. I have an overwhelming urge to try and collect them all. It's funny I checked eBay for the Polaroids and people are already bidding over 30 dollars for them lol.

Are the Polaroids inside the deluxe cd or are they something that they give you once you purchase the deluxe?

Inside. If you're thinking what I think you're thinking, there will probably be people tearing open the shrink wrap in back corners of Targets across the nation trying to get all the Polaroids for free.

Inside. If you're thinking what I think you're thinking, there will probably be people tearing open the shrink wrap in back corners of Targets across the nation trying to get all the Polaroids for free.

I was contemplating buy the deluxe since i want at least one set of the polaroids. Hopefully target will have some next time i actually go into the store.