Taylor Swift - 1989 2xLP

Something I've been meaning to ask all who post on this thread. Do any of your friends try to shame you for liking Swift and her music? I know I tend to come across as obsessed and shit with tweets and IG pics, but damnit, I get shit on a lot for it. Most often in a joking and ribbing me manner, but it happens often enough that I start to get really annoyed and angry.

Quite often, but I don't let it get to me at all.

Something I've been meaning to ask all who post on this thread. Do any of your friends try to shame you for liking Swift and her music? I know I tend to come across as obsessed and shit with tweets and IG pics, but damnit, I get shit on a lot for it. Most often in a joking and ribbing me manner, but it happens often enough that I start to get really annoyed and angry.

I wouldn't say I get shit on, but most of my friends have generally thought it was weird that I've gotten into Swift. That said, over the last couple of weeks, a number of friends have started to have Swift click for them a bit. It started slowly, with a couple of them saying stuff like "hey, this Shake It Off isn't too bad. I actually kinda like it" and then last week when that Aphex Swift thing broke, a whole slew of my electronic music friends were really impressed with that and sort of begrudgingly realized they were kind of liking some Swift material.

But I mean, no one has really made fun of me for it in the last 2 years or so since I first started digging Swift. Maybe I'm lucky in that my friend circle is very cool with peoples' tastes that differ from their own.

Yes.  My one friend thought I was trolling her for the longest time when I asked if she had heard the new T Swift album, and I said it was really good.  It was probably a 5 minute conversation on the bus, and towards the end she still kind of thought I was lying about liking her.  "But you listen to like...punk music".  So what.  Doesn't mean I don't enjoy sugary poppy music once in a while.  I definitely have to be in a certain mood for Swift, and I'm not obsessed, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy her music.  Oh, and she's HELLA cute.

Yes.  My one friend thought I was trolling her for the longest time when I asked if she had heard the new T Swift album, and I said it was really good.  It was probably a 5 minute conversation on the bus, and towards the end she still kind of thought I was lying about liking her.  "But you listen to like...punk music".  So what.  Doesn't mean I don't enjoy sugary poppy music once in a while.  I definitely have to be in a certain mood for Swift, and I'm not obsessed, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy her music.  Oh, and she's HELLA cute.

This is a serious question, and I'm interested in what you (and others ITT) think but do you subscribe at all to the idea that maybe some music/artists are more "worthy" (to you) of super limited, special edition, unique variant, deluxe version etc etc etc vinyl editions than others? I'm totally not accusing Taylor Swift of not being "worthy" of a deluxe special edition of one of her records, because I like decent pop music as much as anyone else and evidently she has a huge fan base. It's just that while I like some pop artists and would possibly buy vinyl editions if I really liked the albums, I would definitely not be bothered in getting some special version, rare edition for the sake (and expense) of it, because it's superfluous to the music, which would be the primary reason for me buying (as well as the artwork, and it being a physical release). To me, these kinds of releases are for real die-hard fans - editions with stuff like photographs, artifacts, signatures, prints etc are only interesting to me if I'm a huge huge fan of the band (see recent Sleater Kinney - Start Together box set for instance).

Just interested because you mention you have to be in a certain mood to listen to Taylor Swift, but would still buy/have bought the album? For some pop music that I like, Spotify/streaming will suffice because I'm not likely to spin it every day. Just to clarify again: I'm not being "that guy" and implying "lol taylor swift sucks you are stupid for liking pop music" with this because I'm 100% not saying that at all. I like pop music and I like vinyl. Just interested in your thoughts on this.

inb4 go away Swift hater.

While pulling fans from the back of the crowd, my friend said "hey, we've got guys, show some diversity up there" to which they immediately responded, "we don't want guys up there"

I was way in back, and there was no regard for us as far as sound was concerned. Could barely hear anything. And of course everyone around me was too busy filming to enjoy any of it.

But oh my god I was ready to knock a dude out. Spent a good 45 minutes on his phone behind me giving play by play of the total nonsense that was going on before she performed. And didn't get off when she went on. Gave him shit for it and he still didn't budge. Like what the fuck are you doing here? What did you wake up at 5 am for?

Ry Patch, they aired "Out of The Woods" "Shake It Off" and "Welcome to New York" - did she do any other songs off-air?

nope. and there was so much garbage in between them. come on girl.. you play full blown shows all the time. we've been standing here all morning. throw us a friggin bone and just play another song or two in between.

I constantly get jobbed for liking Taylor, but it never gets me to the point of annoyance or anger. Taylor Swift makes millions of people happy and encourages them to be themselves. For me personally, she gives me hope for humanity and makes me feel better about the struggles I go through. Will I go out of my way to explain these things to people giving me shit? Probably not. But that enough is reason to not get upset.

Also, I'm starting to get on this "she hates us male fans" train. Let's call her out more.