Taylor Swift - 1989 2xLP

I'm hesitant to download that site's download manager to get the leak. Anyone want to drop box it for me?

should be all set.

I'm on track 10 and very pleasantly surprised.  It's not nearly as "Katy Perry" as I was afraid it would be.  Good stuff.

I really feel like this is something special... this is a VERY sparkly diamond in a cave of darkness that has been 2014 music industry!

EDIT: Having finished the full album, I will agree with my above statement. I am hearing some Ke$ha (Wonderland) and some Katy (New Romance) in the bonus tracks.... otherwise it feels very fresh. The highlights of the album are the songs she did with Jack... he really captured that late 80's/today mix of a sound, while the some of the other songs (to me) miss that mark. 

Do we know what songs Jack worked on besides Out Of The Woods? I couldn't find writing/production credits anywhere.

Overall, I enjoy the album. It's definitely that 80's pop sound Swift said she's going for. But it's missing that charm and endearing element in the songwriting that Swift typically has and does.

1989 may suffer from seeming like a throwaway pop record. And as a long-time Swiftie, it breaks my heart a little bit to say and know that.

Overall, I enjoy the album. It's definitely that 80's pop sound Swift said she's going for. But it's missing that charm and endearing element in the songwriting that Swift typically has and does.

1989 may suffer from seeming like a throwaway pop record. And as a long-time Swiftie, it breaks my heart a little bit to say and know that.

I feel you there, for me she peaked at speak now, I still enjoyed red quite a bit because it didn't go to far into just being mindless pop, but this album kind of did. I enjoy it a lot now but I don't see myself going back to it in a few years like I will with her other albums.

It's a miss for me. I've been with her from the beginning and this is the first album that i don't feel like I'm listening to Taylor... The only highlight I can find is style and shake t off. This love and out of the woods may creep there way into my playlists at some point but it's going to be tough. I feel this is a very regressive step for her. To me, most of these songs like something radio Disney would have played years ago.. I thought she was trying to get older.

As it was said before, I'll always have all too well... And long live

Aside from Shake It Off being the black sheep of the album, standouts are definitely Style, Wildest Dreams, How You Get The Girl, Wonderland, and You Are In Love. Some of the other tracks lack all the qualities that we typically enjoy from a Taylor Swift song and are real production heavy, but by no means are any of the songs unlistenable. The idea to add voice memos was brilliant, refreshing, and unique. The memos make me want to hear these songs stripped down, just piano or guitar.

More than anything, I am just glad to have more of her voice to listen to these days. I wore out Fearless, Speak Now, and RED. For times when I desire more substance and storytelling, I will turn to the songs on those records. For times when I want something fun and mindless with bass and synth-heavy tunes that sound awesome on my headphones and in my car, I'll throw on 1989. I have also come to the conclusion that M83 should open for her when she announces the album tour.