The STAR WARS Thread

slinch

This was such a fun adventure movie. 1-3 were such a chore compared to this. Had the perfect amount of nods to old stuff to make you happy. You actually laugh unlike the prequels. You can tell alot of this stuff was actually filmed on real sets using real people and not just a george lucas cgi bonanza. I know its been said jj really made that a focal point but its obvious attention to detail was big for him.

I had the same experience with cheering. Even the little things you could see people nudging and pointing at the people next to them.

just got back.  movie was solid.  safe, but solid.

Agreed. I wanted to love this movie, but instead I really liked it. The new cast are great, and welcomed fresh additions to the Star Wars universe. The movie feels like the old Star Wars, the world's and technology felt real...rather than the super polished look of the prequels. It erases much of the stench that the prequels left, and felt like the natural progression from ROTJ. It has its issues, and it definitely plays it safe. But the foundation has been laid for the next two films to build on.

Sometimes I wish there weren't as many funny moments as there is. I get why they do, they're good when they come out but I'd like to see justba straight up dark star wars movie.maybe I'm the only one. Maybe not dark but a serious serious one

I agree. Got me out of the mood one too many times. They were good just unnecessary and poorly timed.

Last night we watched in 3D. My buddy who got the tix didn't realize it was the 3D showing when he got the tix two weeks ago. We debated on bailing b/c I can't do 3D movies all that well...not only do I wear glasses normally but after watching a 3D movie I will surely get a raging migraine. We chanced it anyways and as silly as I felt wearing the 3D glasses on top of my normal ones, I saw a regular 2D movie...didn't get any 3D effect. And got lucky and no migraine afterwards.

I was planning to see the movie again anyways so I'll make sure to watch regular ol' 2D. Ha!